|Job Type:||Full Time|
Poly is seeking a talented and driven technology leader to join our Vision and Video team within the office of the Chief Technology Officer (CTO). This opportunity will combine both management and individual contributor responsibilities.
In this role you will manage a team responsible for both prototyping and product development of computer vision, machine learning and video technology products. As our office works to evaluate and incorporate emerging technologies across the product portfolio, this role will require close cooperation with multiple software, hardware, and product management organizations and their leaders. The candidate will also work closely with other teams in the CTO office to help realize concepts for future products. You will work to architect, design, test and research technology, as well as serve as the manager for 6-10 team members.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and contribute to a team responsible for machine learning, computer vision, and video within Poly.
- Oversight of both protoyping and product-level work in these areas.
- Document and share trends in relevant technology areas with the broader organization.
- Interface with development and product organizations across the company, and with outside stakeholders, to understand needs for and articulate the capabilities of vision and learning technologies across the product line.
- Manage team, program, schedule, and budget for 6-10 person team of experienced engineers.
We'd love to hear from you if you have the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline with 5+ years leading a development team. Master’s degree preferred. 10+ years development or R&D experience.
- Experience with emerging technologies or in an R&D role.
- Experience with video, imaging, or related areas.
- Experience with machine learning, computer vision.
- Proven leadership as a manager and able to lead both technical and organizational decisions.
- Excellent people management skills; ability to motivate teams for continuous improvements and high-quality standards/processes while facing challenging schedules and difficult program deliverables
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable creating presentations and leading cross-functional meeting
Thrive at Poly because you are joining:
- A fun and supportive global team, going through a journey of change and globalization, truly making an impact on Poly’s and your success in the future.
- A community that sets high standards, actively supports personal and professional development, and strives to provide an optimal work life balance.
- An inclusive culture that encourages curiosity and learning.
- True work life integration from day one and technology that enables great things.
- A company that strives to tailor benefits to suit you as an individual
Ready to help us power the many? Let’s go!