Last updated an hour ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Our mission at Atlassian is to unleash the potential of every team. As an Engineering Manager for Trello team at Atlassian, you will join an engineering-led company and the award-winning leader in software development and collaboration tools.
Trusted by over 50 million users, Trello is the visual collaboration tool that crafts a shared perspective on any project. We serve 1 Billion API requests per day, and handle 1.5 million concurrent users at peak.
Through a talented team, you’ll drive your people, process, and outcomes and collaborate with broader Atlassian engineering teams.
- Enable your multi-functional team to ship features quickly and safely as our team grows in size, providing them with the tooling and processes needed for success.
- Ability to drive technical excellence, pushing innovation and quality
- Grow your team members careers and keep them engaged
- Provide developers with the support: holding regular one on ones, giving context on priorities, collaborating with other teams, unblocking projects, resolving conflicts on the team.
- Be both a technical leader and people manager responsible for guiding your team to make solid technical decisions for Trello’s production backend system and client functionality.
- Help to prioritize and coordinate the team’s work alongside your product management and design peers
- Work with your peers to continuously improve Trello’s way engineering
- 2-3 years of engineering management experience. Experience managing a high-performing organization of 8-10 engineers. Experience managing remote employees (Trello are 70% remote, 30% in NYC).
- Guiding your teams in understanding the right metrics to track and improve.
- Experience setting an incredibly high bar for excellence across your engineering team, and putting systems in place to measure against that bar.
- Customer focus. A passion for understanding customers and their needs. Empathizing with our customers is crucial in order to build the right set of engineering practices at Trello.
- Experience leading teams executing on product development, or working very closely with product development teams, as you’ll be working closely with ours.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: written and verbal, in-person, and remote.
- Thrive when developing people, not just products.
- Adept at prioritizing and balancing multiple projects in a constantly evolving environment.
- Help to prioritize and organize the team’s work alongside your product management and design peers.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.