|Job Type:||Full Time|
Manager, Experiences + Devices Strategy
Wearelookingto drivenew vectors of growthfor the Experiences & Devices(E+D)groupby building a dedicated strategy teamto focus on cross-product opportunities and partnerships.WhileE+Dhasstrong teamsin placedrivinggrowthforindividual productsand solution areas,there isagrowingopportunity for adedicatedteam toidentify,nurture, and championan emerging set ofstrategic growthbetsthatstretch across traditional product boundaries.
Thisnewteam willhave the opportunity tolook left to right across the E+D portfolio, partner horizontally with existing product teams in E+D and more broadly with teams both inside and outside Microsoft, and think proactively and strategically about opportunities to drive growth as One Microsoftfor E+D. The teams charterwillinclude both specific, project-based cross-E+D growth opportunities as well as an evergreen focus on looking external to Microsoft to identify partnership and extensibility opportunities more broadly.
TheE+D Strategyteamwillhavethe followingresponsibilities:
- Proactively identify, define, and champion new growth opportunities for E+D based on market/TAM, competitive, and customer insights
- Create strategy framework and content for high profile forums including the Board of Directors, theSenior Leadership Team(SLT), Leadership Summit, and more
- Build trusted advisor relationships with and partner closely with individual engineering leaders from across E+Din defining mid- and long-term strategy for E+D
- Drivekey strategy projects and orchestrate workstreams across E+D and our partners; own overall efforts, including project plans, recommendations, impact, and drivingalignment between leaders andcommitment to deliverbetween individual productorganizations
- Identify,seek out, and develop opportunities for commercialpartnerships or M&A opportunitiesthat span E+D
Required / minimum qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, strategic consulting, investment banking, economics, finance, business planning, and/or equivalent experience (e.g., scaling a business, driving change in a large company)
- Demonstrated project management, leadership, and cross-group collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills through all levels of the organization
Additional or preferred qualifications:
- Demonstrated hypothesis-driven, problem-solving orientation with ability to leverage both quantitative and qualitative analyses to drive decision making
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to formulate and deliver insights around complex business problems in a thoughtful and persuasive manner
- Exceptionally strong personal initiative, good business instincts, and comfort with ambiguity
- Deep understanding of software and business technology markets, trends, and dynamics
- Demonstrated ability to excel in an innovative, startup-like, fast-paced environment, with rapid exploration andabilityto execute
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.