|Job Type:||Full Time|
Consumer Sales and Marketing Engineering (CSME) is the primary engineering partner for the Microsoft Experience Centers supporting Consumer and Enterprise business sales. We're the engineering team that builds the technologies that enables our Experience Centers to be the public face of Microsoft, where every individual, community, and business can directly experience all that's possible with Microsoft.
CSME has an opening for a Senior Software Engineer that will be responsible for developing the APIs that will power our next generation ecommerce storefront. We are looking for someone that has a passion to help digitally transform our commerce experience and help promote the Microsoft brand by delivering best in-class retail experiences for our end customers.
- Collaborate across organizations to help reduce schedule dependency; decoupling implementation details by agreeing on interfaces and mocks.
- Work collaboratively with a team of diverse and talented peers and foster and environment where group success outweighs individual success.
- Providing quality input on peer code reviews and architectural designs
- Drive quality for the product; ensuring features have test coverage and proper logging, refactor code to reduce complexity & document design decisions.
- Influence on schedule, feature, and product design tradeoffs
- Owning accurate costing for your engineering activities, and executing with high accountability to schedule and quality
- Maintaining an unwavering focus on our customers and the impact you deliver to them.
- Operating in a DevOps model while engaging modern engineering practices
- Design and Develop secure, maintainable, accessible, and scalable systems by ensuring the services and the components are well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable.
Knowledge, experience, and skills:
- Experience working through full product cycles from initial design to final product
- Solid written/verbal communications skills and excellent problem-solving skills
BS/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.