|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are the platform team that makes the Office 365 ‘substrate’ possible. Our code is the platform that allows Office365 and Bing services for Office365 to run at 99.999% availability and sub 100-milli-second latencies across our fleet of 150,000 machines across the world.
You will collaborate with the PM team and across a diverse set of teams and organizations within Microsoft and Office 365 Core to dream, spec, design, implement, test and productize the next sets of features to take our platform to the next level.
From CI/CD pipelines, to hosting windows containers, through managing deployment artifacts for 150K machines – to building a system like Kubernetes that works at our scale and compliance requirements, request routing, FPGA and Graphic Card Appliances for Machine Learning – we are at the center of it all.
If you are bored of writing code to shovel data from here to there, this team is for you. You will have the chance to write code that you can be proud of. Think craftsmanship, distributed services, application of algorithms in a novel way in distributed systems with mathematical analysis to prove the platform will achieve its targets.
Interesting, meaningful work, supportive management, an awesome set of peers.
- Dream, Design, Collaborate, implement, and productize features for our management platform to take it to the next level.
- Learn and grow
- Optimize for impact!
- 2-4 years of professional software/service development experience using C#, Java, or C++
- Bachelors or Masters in computer science (or related field)
- Solid understanding of algorithms, probability, and combinatorics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in fast paced, collaborative environment with ambitious and ambiguous goals: we succeed when we work together – the work is too broad and with too many moving pieces for anyone to succeed alone!
- Experience in highly scalable web services, data processing, near-real-time systems and “big data” problems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.