|Location:||Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to be at the heart of cloud computing? Do you want to work on a meaningful and impactful project and make a difference to the US government and country?
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team provides leadership, direction and accountability for application architecture, system design, and end-to-end implementation. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will identify and deliver software improvements using your expertise in software development, complexity analysis, and scalable system design. Strong collaboration skills will be required to work closely with other engineering teams to ensure services/systems are highly stable and performant, meeting the expectations of our government customers and users.
To be considered for a position for students and recent graduates, you need to be enrolled full-time as a student within 12 months from graduation majoring in an applicable field or graduated within last 12 months majoring in an applicable field.
Design, develop, and deliver the required software engineering to serve and protect government clouds
Own deployment, availability, reliability, performance and customer escalation targets for sovereign environments
Proactively identify and reduce issues through design, testing, and implementation of software-based solutions
Collaborate with Engineering and Program Management partners to translate customer, business, and technical requirements into architectural designs and feature releases
Drive efficiencies through software improvement and root cause analysis resulting in service delivery, maturity, and scalability
Work within a highly skilled team of engineers to deliver revolutionary improvements to the cloud and scale them
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- A bachelor's or master's degree in engineering, computer science or related field 12 months within graduation or graduated within the last 12 months.
- Demonstrated ability to debug, fix, and optimize code
- Full-stack troubleshooting skills across network, application, hardware, management fabric, and distributed services layer
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.