|Location:||Redmond, Washington, United States, Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about leveraging your sales strategy experience to accelerate impact for our Public Sector business and to support citizens and the digital transformation of countries around the world? If so the Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) team is growing and we’re looking for talented, experienced professionals to commit to empowering our Public Sector customers.
At Microsoft we have a clear and simple mission – To empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. The chance to do that, at scale, is nowhere greater than in the Worldwide Public Sector team where we are dedicated to empowering citizens, societies, and governments around the world. WWPS encompasses government both at the national level and local level, defense and intelligence and education.
We are looking for a Sales Strategy Lead who will work across the WWPS team to develop our long-term sales strategy and GTM plan for the business. This is a senior role working across sales, marketing, engineering and WWPS leadership teams. The role requires a deep understanding of the Public Sector marketplace, strong analytical skills to bring together market data, intelligence and customer needs to define the 3-year sales strategy for the Public Sector business, including customer segmentation, revenue, headcount and investment optimization. This role will develop strategies to evolve our commercial sales model within Public Sector and position it to deliver strong double-digit growth at industry-leading cost of sale.
The candidate will be a highly determined, self-motivated individual who fosters cross- organizational relationships and builds trusted customer connections to compete and win in the Public Sector IT market.
What you will do:
- 3-year out visioning that is driven by a deep understanding of Public Sector market trends and developing a strategy for WWPS across Government, Defense and Intelligence and Education industries to accelerate our growth and capture market share
- Partner with finance to operationalize plan to deliver against long range plan expectations.
- Identify strategic initiatives working closely with the WWPS leadership team both in HQ and in the area and markets.
- Develop proposals and present to the WWPS leadership team to execute against growth acceleration initiatives
- Lead development of strategic projects
- Manage 2-3 small scale pilots to test strategic initiatives
Partner with Microsoft Enterprise Commercial planning team ensure the following:
- Integration as needed into the Enterprise Commercial strategy and planning initiatives
- Project Managing the WWPS industry reviews for Government, Defense and Intelligence and Education Project at key executive forums.
What you will bring:
- 7+ years of strategy development experience in a top-tier strategy consulting or Fortune 100 corporate strategy function.
- Proven track record of creating sales strategies, driving revenue growth through differentiated go-to-market approaches and sales models.
- Direct experience with Public Sector segment is preferred.
- Demonstrated project management experience and the ability to effectively lead cross functional teams across, multiple organizational boundaries.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization, does not depend on positional power alone to influence yet has an owner mentality. Keen eye for and focus on driving impact.
- Employ a structured approach to solve complex business problems.
- Ability to identify data and research needs and strong analytical skills to deliver insightful analysis of strategic opportunities.
- Build effective relationships with colleagues across organizations and functional groups.
- Exceptional presentation skills with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Pragmatic approach to solving complex problems with a bias for action.
- Executive presence with ability to influence at senior levels across Microsoft, Partners and/or Customers.
- Highly adaptable, and strong collaborator, fierce advocate, and influencer.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA from top tier school preferred.
Location/Travel: You may be based anywhere in the United States, with a preference for Redmond, WA. You can expect limited travel, less than 25%.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.