|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Okta’s Enterprise Authentication functionality is a best of breed, born in the cloud, strong authentication product. We are looking for a product manager with a technical background, good business sense, and ability to partner closely with engineering, user experience, and product marketing teams to deliver on our Enterprise Authentication business and integrations. In addition, this role also partners with the Federal industry vertical team to drive and deliver on our roadmap for our Federal clients – which comprise some of Okta’s largest customers.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Driving the roadmap for Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) integrations: You own the
roadmaps for our Enterprise Authentication integrations team as well as our Federal team. In both areas, you understand the different authentication methods that customers need to enable their users to securely connect.
- Understand key customer requirements and integration use cases for MFA: our MFA
business is dependent on Okta integration with existing technologies and customer
environments. As the lead for the MFA business, you’ll need to deeply understand customer
environments, technologies, and use cases for strong authentication.
- Collaborate with enablement and field teams to drive success in our MFA business: as the subject matter expert for our MFA business, you need to coordinate across various team’s roadmaps to ensure we’re delivering on our core MFA compete business.
- Executing: You live and breathe delivery. You collaborate with engineering and UX to ship features that delight customers and put us ahead of the competition. You work across mobile and desktop surface areas to create experiences that customers love.
Major pluses for candidates with experience with IT technologies stacks and protocols (VPNs, IdPs, RADIUS, etc), identity management, strong authentication solutions, and/or security.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Roadmap and Vision
- Set product strategy and direction for our key standalone MFA product requirements well as intergrations
- Define the execution roadmaps for Enterprise Auth and Federal
- Evangelize your vision to the engineering team, sales team, and customers
Feature Delivery and Execution
- Work with your scrum teams to deliver features on-time, on-target
- Regularly ship features that unlock key use cases
- Collaborate with design to spec experiences that delight customers
- Prioritize rigorously across a number of product investment areas
- Not afraid to get into the weeds to define features and experiences
Customer Engagement and Requirements Gathering
- Engage with customers to deeply understand their challenges with MFA with respect to both broader enterprise use cases as well as highly regulated federal use cases
- Partner closely with security and compliance to support requirements for federal cloud security standards (e.g., FedRAMP, IL-4)
- Understand challenges to deployment and usability around strong authentication solutions
- Stay close to customers during beta programs and ensure that feedback is incorporated into the product Competitive Understanding
- Work with technical marketing and sales to deeply understand the competitor landscape
- Keep your finger on the pulse of market changes and understand where trends are heading Go to Market Collaboration
- Collaborate with product marketing to support creation of messaging and content, and define the go-to-market plan for existing and new offerings
- Inform pricing and packaging changes based on your subject matter expertise
- Collaborate on content creation to launch new features
Own the Product!
- Customer success focused thinking: always working to unblock sales and help customers
- Responsive to supporting the field on critical asks and customer needs
- Build a world class MFA product
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience across the product management lifecycle for enterprise products or services
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, verbal and written)
- Strong leadership skills and presence
- Track record of successful delivery of company-critical projects
- 5+ years of industry experience. 2+ years of product management or related experience
- Advanced degree or Master of Business Administration
- Knowledge of enterprise security products and services
- Knowledge in identity or access management
- Knowledge in strong authentication solutions
- Experience with developing multi-tenant SaaS services
- Experience with developing products or services for government IT clients and/or Federal compliance
Meet the manager:
Grace Wardhana is Senior Director of Devices and Security Products at Okta.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.
Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.