|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Cloud Server Infrastructure Sr Software Diagnostics Development Engineer (CSIDIAG) team is responsible for designing and developing hardware diagnostic software for Server and Rack Infrastructure engineering for Microsoft's online services. We work closely with Microsoft product groups, industry partners and researchers to architect and develop server diagnostics solutions that meet the requirements for our cloud services platforms.
We are seeking a highly motivated Software Development engineer who has a good understanding of Server and Infrastructure components that are deployed in the Cloud Data Centers. The candidate should possess excellent problem solving skills and strong desire to detect, diagnose and correct problems using software automation.
- Responsible for working as a member of development team to develop HW diagnostic modules
- Diagnostic modules are developed in C, C++ and C# in Windows Server 2012/16/19 environment.
- Responsible for testing and validation of developed code at unit test as well as an entire diagnostic system in Microsoft’s Cloud Server environment.
- Develop scripts (PowerShell, C#, Python, Pearl etc.) to support automation of diagnostics and test workflows.
- Work with Microsoft internal teams to learn various tools and libraries to make the diagnostic code compact and efficient.
- Work with Server ODMs, OEMs and vendors to integrate and leverage their diagnostic and field tools to support detection of hardware faults.
- Work with Microsoft internal teams to integrate developed diagnostic code into data center fabric.
- Associates degree in Computer Science of Electrical and Computer Engineering. BS or MS degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of hands on coding experience required (C/C++/C# code development in Windows Server 2012/16/19)
- 1 to 3 years of hands on experience in solving hardware and software problems in PC, Enterprise server or Cloud Server required (X86 environment).
- Strong grasp of key technologies in servers such as CPU, motherboards, BIOS, BMC, remote management, memory, storage sub-system is required.
- Hands on experience in developing Diagnostic Code desired.
- Hands on skills to work in a laboratory environment a plus.
- Passion for remote problem solving in cloud environment is essential.
- Individual effectiveness skills such as discipline, time management, decision making, planning and organizing work, summarizing results through technical reports are highly desired.
- Self-motivated individual, must be able work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment and across the team of engineers.
- Must be able to plan work, and work to a plan adapting as necessary in a rapidly evolving Environment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.