|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering (CSEO) employees have a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
Our environment is start-up by nature, where we move fast and learn fast. The Core Platform Engineering team has a great opportunity for a high energy Principal Program Manager who is passionate about building modern engineering systems and processes that drives engineering productivity and velocity. You will own determining the right visualizations, deriving insights from the data that informs our discussions on Service Health, Business Process Health and Quality of Service. This is a highly collaborative role, where you will lead the work across the organization and the company with other Fundamental teams to drive the vision on Service Health.
- You define the roadmap four area, working with a breadth of horizontal teams that measure and drive Azure fundamentals (Compliance, Security, Availability, Reliability and more), work hand-in-hand with design, engineering, and Service teams to deliver supreme experiences for CSEO engineers and to influence and aid the co-development of features in Service Tree and ICM to support our efforts.
- Deep diving into the CSEO engineering process data, specifically to build insight into our incident response and management practices from incident start to issue closure by performing in-depth data analysis and developing plans and recommendations for improvements.
- Define the strategy for the next level of maturity of our Service Reviews that pivots from engineering hygiene to a comprehensive review of our Service Health.
- You will use Kusto/AI/ML and apply it practically to solve real business problems. Work closely with peer engineering teams on defining and Identifying and implementing additional feature requirements in our CSEO telemetry system and reporting.
- 5+ years working as a technical program manager with engineering teams and a demonstrated experience in service release and technical feature design.
- Experience with data insights and a working knowledge of Power BI.
- Proven ability to drive large scale projects with high collaboration and leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, define, size, and prioritize work at organizational scope.
- Previous knowledge working on telemetry & service monitoring to understand throughput, limitations and constraints.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative skills and/or practical experience is required
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Experience in live site management, incident response, and supporting technologies AppInsights, Kusto, IcM etc, is preferred.
- Knowledge of statistical modeling, machine learning using tools like R, Python is a plus.
#BPUSC #CPE #CSEO
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.