|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Customer Success Engineering team at Microsoft is responsible for the content websites and underlying publishing infrastructure for Windows and Office customers around the globe, including support.microsoft.com, templates.office.com, and answers.microsoft.com. Together, these sites are among the most visited sites on the planet! Our mission is to inspire and engage hundreds of millions of Microsoft customers to achieve their goals by intelligently connecting them to valuable content and people.
For this role, we are looking for an entrepreneurial Program Manager who has worked on developing and maintaining Content Management System (CMS) for a large organization. Our CMS is internally built and is used by hundreds of authors and freelancers. You will be partnering closely with content, design, and engineering teams to develop and execute the roadmap, delivering value for our customers. This role leans close to the industry’s ‘Product Manager’ profile and represents an exciting challenge if you are interested in making a significant business impact with larger ownership while connecting with customers and building the product’s strategy. It is an exciting opportunity to be one of the early hires on the team and once it is safe, you are expected to work from Atlanta office to help build the team and contribute to its culture.
In general, we are looking for a creative problem solver who cares about culture as well as customers, the business, and engineering. We believe an inspiring vision, a shared purpose and investment in being a great and fun team is what leads to outstanding results.
- Partner with key stakeholders to understand the evolving needs of authors, publishers, and customers to develop a product roadmap
- Ability to understand and lead conversations involving technical concepts, trade-offs, and opportunities with content and engineering teams
- Write and present Product Requirements Documents (PRDs) describing features and their functionality in depth
- Establish a shared vision within the team and with partners by building consensus on business priorities leading to product execution
- Drive product development with a team of passionate engineering and designers
- Use data to define how we will measure success and help guide decisions for the development of a better, more desirable, and bolder product
- Improve efficiency in a constantly evolving environment
- 4+ years of technical program or product management experience, ideally in the Content Management System space
- Proven track record of successful product execution in Content Management System (CMS) space
- Deep familiarity with consumer and enterprise grade CMS platforms
- Experience creating simple and modern frontend UI/UX flows
- Familiarity backend services, APIs, machine learning, etc.
- Self-starting and hungry to learn
- Organizational and analytical abilities
- Able to find and capitalize on unique opportunities
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining cross-team relationships and collaboration
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.