|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cloud Ops and Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers Microsoft’s cloud services. The team is responsible for designing, building and operating our unified global datacenters; managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure; and for operating the physical infrastructure (including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams). We focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, cost-effectiveness, and environmental sustainability. We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft’s over 200 online businesses including Azure, Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, and OneDrive. Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our portfolio is built and managed by a team of subject matter experts working 24x7x365 to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
The Cloud Interconnection and Acquisitions team is responsible for network strategy, topology planning and acquisition for Microsoft’s online services infrastructure. We work with the various engineering, capacity, and long-range planning teams on a collaborative basis to ensure the Microsoft network has the highest quality and availability globally.
We're looking for someone with experience in a fast-paced production environment—you must be agile and able to adapt to changing conditions and priorities. The successful candidate will need analytical, excellent communication, and collaboration skills. You will be working with people from many different teams and backgrounds. You must be able to influence others and work cross-functionally to achieve broad goals. You must be able to work independently and drive for impact and results. A proven track record of successfully managing projects and stakeholders, removing goo and improving workflows is a primary skill set needed to be successful in this role.
- Responsible for building and driving data transformation & business intelligence design for the team enabling meaningful data extraction & analytics that measures what matters.
- Creating dashboards for polling data, establishing, and integrating polls with existing tools and workflows
- Ability to tap and visualize various data lakes across the organization for internal and external reporting
- Provide user training and support for BI Dashboard integration.
- Communicate progress internally and collaborate with network deployment teams
- BI professional with 10+ years of analytical experience
- 10+ years of Program Management or Engineering experience leading, defining and delivering project or service
- A BA degree, BS in Computer Science (Engineering or equivalent degree), or equivalent years of professional experience
Strongly Preferred Qualifications:
- Passion for building great enterprise data experiences
- Proven ability to work closely with engineering teams
- Proven ability to build advanced SQL/BI queries & dashboards
- Proven ability to analyze complex problems, determine best course of action and drive permanent resolution
- Proven ability to successfully influence without authority and manage efforts through relationships.
- Proven ability to inspire leadership and trust across teams and organizations
- Proven ability to promote a collaborative environment and bring a positive attitude to difficult situations.
- Microsoft SQL Server & Database Management experience
- Microsoft Power BI experience
- Microsoft Excel experience
- PowerApps experience
- Microsoft Access experience
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- BS or BA degree (In lieu of degree, 7+ years relevant work experience)
- 5+ years of experience in networking technologies
- BS or BA degree in technology or science
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Great problem solving, strategic thinking and technical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and cross group skills
- Business Acumen demonstrated through prior work or education
- Self-driven and ability to work with minimal direction
- The ability to create clean, concise visuals and dashboards that provide a clear picture of complex data.
- Ability to organize wide ranging data into focused views with great attention to detail.
- Designed and supported a robust SQL Server data warehouse bringing together data from multiple.
- Financial & Operational Analytics
- Technical experience with databases, data integration and data access technologies
- Experience with a data driven/metrics-driven mindset and the ability to experiment, learn and improve
- Extremely detail oriented
- Familiarity with service catalog /workflow methodologies
- Able to build advanced SQL/BI queries & dashboards
- Ability to analyze complex problems, determine best course of action and drive permanent resolution
- Ability to successfully influence without authority and manage efforts through relationships.
- Ability to inspire leadership and trust across teams and organizations
- Ability to promote a collaborative environment and bring a positive attitude to difficult situations.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role as needed. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.