|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina, Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The world of business is undergoing a significant change with the next Digital Revolution, the move to Cloud. Azure is at the forefront of this revolution with an ever-expanding array of services and offerings.
We are looking for passionate candidates with experience deploying on any of the public Cloud platforms to help us redefine “online support”. This role is ideal for someone who is passionate about deploying or supporting cloud services with knowledge of usage patterns for these services.
CSS Azure Chat team is a team of dynamic individuals, passionate about shaping the customer support experience. Our ability to represent Microsoft Support, troubleshoot, problems solve and answer customer questions to help customers get the most out of their Azure solutions is our greatest strength. We are just starting to roll out the Chat Modality to help customers with their questions and technical problems starting with chat in the Azure space rather than limiting it to only phone calls and emails. We are paving the way for next generation’s systems and methods of helping our customers.
The depth of expertise represented in Azure Chat currently spans Azure Virtual Machine, Azure Networking and will be expanding into Web Applications and Azure Database technologies among other services. We focus on providing the excellent customer experience with CARE behaviors = Effective Communication, Accountability, Resourcefulness, and Empathy.
We are primarily looking for people who demonstrate the mindset and behaviors necessary to drive to achieve to excellent customer support:
- Customer Obsession: you demonstrate a strong focus on high quality Customer Service and you are driven by problem-solving and customer satisfaction.
- Learner Mindset: You demonstrate a growth mindset and strongly believe that knowledge can be developed with effort and persistence. You spontaneously and proactively share your learning with others.
- CSS C.A.R.E Behaviors:
Effective Communication: you are comfortable in communicating and presenting to any type of consumer and customer, external partners and to internal coworkers, up to Executive level. You are capable of clear, concise, written and spoken communication, in English. You are able to ask the questions that will drive you to the best solutions, as well as identifying additional needs.
Accountability: you spontaneously collaborate with others to proactively and reactively solve problems, related to the customers’ issue or to internal improvement projects. you are driven by problem-solving as well as customer satisfaction.
Resourceful: you leverage your own knowledge and you are comfortable searching for the answer when you don’t have it. You can collect and analyse data before jumping into solutions, using both excellence in executing existing processes as well as applying critical and innovative thinking.
Empathetic: you use empathy to listen and communicate with customers and are able to put the customers’ need first even in situation of stress. You are a peace maker in situation of urgent need for help. You also anticipate additional customers’ needs and can think about additional services you can provide to create the ultimate customer satisfaction, leading to Microsoft fans.
Chat Support Engineers (SE) serve as technical resources for Microsoft’s customers and partners starting via chat but could move to phone and/or email as well. They deliver unique value by collaboratively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, contributing to product quality and enhancements and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers.
You will be part of a team responsible for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our commercial Azure customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage the customer experience starting through chat but also by phone and email. When needed, you will collaborate with others to engage subject matter experts, Engineering (Product Groups) or Management. Your day to day job will be about providing both technical expertise (either on your own leveraging various resources or by involving your colleagues) and about being an excellent communicator and a service oriented professional.
The impact you will have:
- Represent Microsoft and communicate with consumer customers via Chat, telephone, written correspondence, electronic service and in person regarding finding solutions for technically complex problems identified in Microsoft software products, by providing technical support.
- Solve highly complex problems, involving broad, in-depth product knowledge or in-depth product specialty; may include support of additional product line. Frequently, these problems will not only be technically complex, but could be politically charged situations requiring the highest level of customer skill.
- Be responsible for efficiently managing the relationship with these customers and thoroughly documenting their cases.
- Collaborate on cross-team and cross-product technical issues by working with resources from other groups as needed to resolve customer issues. Constant collaboration with Support Engineers at different levels and technology area. Report software bugs and customer suggestion to the product group to help improve our tools and processes.
- Contribute to improvement the overall support experience for any technical support professional solving for Microsoft issues in the world (advocates) by writing and updating technical documentation for our WW Services knowledge base.
- Scope a customer’s issue by collecting the relevant facts and investigate the problem by doing your own research and by involving other teams as needed.
- Consult and collaborate with your immediate peers or colleagues around the world and with management and engineering to resolve service issues.
- Act internally as a customer advocate.
- Empower customers to find information, self-solve when they decide to, and learn more about Microsoft products, services and support.
- Advise customers on how to gain additional value from their Microsoft products.
- Document your technical work and research to help your colleagues, improve the product, and improve the support experience.
- Maintain a proactive approach to customer empathy, identifying customer satisfaction concerns and managing customer expectations.
At least one year experience in a customer facing or customer support role with troubleshooting and problem-solving experience in a team environment
At least one year of experience in Web App troubleshooting on any of the following: Linux, Windows IIS, Azure Web Apps or Docker, or related software development platforms.
- Experience in a customer facing or customer support role with troubleshooting and problem-solving experience in a team environment
- Knowledge of HTML, HTTP protocol and CSS.
- Understanding of programming concepts such as call stacks, threading, synchronization, performance-related concepts and debugging.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, an ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze problems, determine root cause and develop solutions
Experience in one or more of these areas desirable:
- Experience with REST API calls and CRUD operations
- Troubleshooting skills in Network, Connection, Socket and DNS
- Familiar with packet sniffers: Fiddler or Network Monitor/Message Analyzer
- Experience in Azure and cloud computing
- WebRTC, SignalR and WebSocket
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.