|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are the deep learning platform team delivering the cutting-edge infrastructure for Microsoft search experience. This is a core engineering team dealing with tens of thousands of production servers, sub-millisecond latency and millions of RPS traffic. We develop advanced vector search algorithms, optimize model acceleration kernels and build end to end large scale distributed deep learning serving systems. Our system also leverages popular open source components including ONNX, PyTorch, TensorFlow, Docker, Kafka, g-RPC, etc. We work on a wide range of CPU and GPU hardware for high-performance serving.
We are expanding our established deep learning vector search service to the largest scale in the industry in order to serve the growing demand of search volume, office intelligence and Dynamics experience. To do that, we are looking for a strong system engineer on performance analysis, key components scaling up, distributed system debugging, and new feature/algorithm development. The project collaborates with Microsoft Research team deeply. This is a great opportunity to work on a large production system with cutting-edge technology innovation.
- 5+ years of experience building high-performance computing systems, parallel or distributed systems (e.g., in open source projects or production systems)
- Fluent in C++/C#/Python
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with excellent interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the success of others.
- Experience on high performance computing (e.g., cache/memory optimization, high-performance GPU programming, compiler-based optimization, fine-grained parallel library and runtime) or distributed systems (e.g., communication optimization, network architecture design, network programming)
- Theory and practice on the approximate nearest neighborhood search
- Experience on building Machine Learning/Deep Learning systems
- Experience on performance analysis and optimization for both CPUs and GPUs as well as a good understanding on software-hardware codesign
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.