|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Partner Experience team in the Cloud & AI group owns the partner experience for Microsoft’s key businesses like Azure, Business applications, Office, Windows and Gaming. This team is a great place to grow your career while working on initiatives that deliver compelling value to Microsoft’s partner ecosystem across commercial, productivity, and gaming segments. We are a fun-loving, diverse team that values teamwork and provides opportunities for mentorship and career growth.
We are looking for a Senior Program Manager who will be the voice of the Marketplace publisher partner persona (Microsoft-internal business planning and product group teams, as well as ISVs, SIs, and MSPs) in their journey to be successful in Microsoft’s marketplace ecosystem spanning Azure Marketplace, AppSource, Office Store, Xbox Store and Windows Store. You will be responsible for driving scenarios like:
- Streamlining the publisher lifecycle experience (discover and learn, register, publish offers, get paid, analyze data, and grow business) in Partner Center.
- Supporting new monetization capabilities that publishers can leverage within their services, apps and games targeting one or more of the Marketplaces outlined above. Commercial examples: supporting seat-based or usage-based plans for SaaS, targeted pricing for enterprises, Consumer scenario examples: in-game add-ons like map packs, extending Xbox game pass monetization for games etc.
- Enabling new offer or content types in the Marketplaces outlined above to create new opportunities for publishers.
You will also have opportunities to own the messaging and related engagement with Microsoft-internal and external publishers and represent the team in various conferences.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and should demonstrate a growth mindset. We value those who have a thoughtful point of view, love to collaborate, and contribute to the success of others.
The PM in this role will be empowered to own the problem end-to-end by connecting the dots between business, experience and technology in high-business impact areas. The role also provides cross-division collaboration opportunity with stakeholders across Azure, Business Applications, Office, Windows, Game studios, Product Marketing, and many more teams across the globe. If you’re a strong communicator willing to roll-up your sleeves and solve fun technical challenges with a strong engineering team on your side, then this is the right role for you!
- Work closely with publishers of Marketplace solutions (ISVs/SIs/MSPs/Microsoft-internal teams) and empathize with their needs.
- Be obsessed with their experience and advocate for them during product development.
- Visualize and story tell end-to-end scenario walkthroughs and functional design.
- Articulate the desired outcome and work collaboratively to create a path to achieve it.
- Define the vision, determine roadmap, author specs, work with the design team on UX concepts, define product roll-out plan (KPIs, operational execution & support readiness).
- Work closely with the engineering team to execute on the planned initiatives.
- Drive alignment across teams, assess & mitigate risks, and prioritize what matters.
- Technical background - Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- You thrive working in a team – value working as a team and success as a team.
- Curiosity to understand how things work and ability to sweat the details when needed.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to foster positive relationships within and outside the team.
- 3+ years of program management experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.