|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking to work on an exciting area in Azure with great potential? The Azure Dedicated team is looking for a driven program manager who has solid product shipping experience and a “do what it takes” approach combined with a strong technical acumen to deliver on our VMware initiatives.
To succeed in this role, technical & delivery skills, people skills, communications and engaging proactively in areas of product management are critical. Bias for action, valuing diversity and clear follow-ups and driving clarity will be your MO. If you are the kind of person that takes pride in what you do we want to hear from you.
- Lead the design and delivery of complex Cloud system architecture initiatives based on real world deployment experience of VMware products within complex IT environments
- Work with leadership, customers and business partners and engineering group to make sure that the scope and direction of the roadmap and individual projects/workstreams is driven clearly and with good risk assessment and regular, concise updates to stakeholders
- Make sure we build compliant and secure offerings adhering to the security & compliance standards for enterprise ready offerings
- Structure and solve complex problems, communicate to senior decision makers in a clear, compelling way, and drive decisive action in partnership with others in a large organization.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in Infrastructure Strategy and/or product management
- Knowledge and implementation experience designing and developing solutions using VMWare’s Core Cloud Infrastructure components (vSphere, SRM, vSAN, NSX) is a must.
- Experience and good understanding of any of the following cloud management systems: OpenStack, vRealize Automation, vCloud Director (vCD)
- Strong core platform architecture concepts including hardware platform, hypervisor, Networking, security, data protection, high availability, monitoring & alerting, patching etc.
- Familiarity with security & compliance standards across a variety enterprise IT landscapes.
- Experience with Azure Hosting or Infrastructure background and public cloud highly desired.
- A good understanding of datacenter networking fabric topologies and common architectures deployed, both Layer 2 and Layer 3 based is highly desired
- Strong presentation, influencing and communication skills.
- BS or postgraduate degree in Computer Science or technology-focused discipline or equivalent experience
- VCDX-DCV/CMA certification is preferred but not required
- CCDP, CCNP, VCP-NV or similar desired.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.