Last updated 22 days ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Do you get excited by the challenge of scaling a fast-growing company through strong analytics and business insight? We’re looking for Data Science Manager to lead a high-performing team with a passion for infrastructure and drive informed business decisions from data. You and your team will define experimentations and measurement, conduct statistical analysis, build models, and surface insights to scale and optimize customer support experience. You are a self-starter, eager to learn, focused on impact, and have demonstrated success in using data science to drive understanding, progression, and decision making for large organizations.
In this role, you'll get to
- Hire, lead, and grow a team of data scientists and analysts with great technical skills, characteristics, and team fit
- Define and build analytics strategy forward to support business objectives
- Drive high quality analytics output to inform business decisions
- Serve as scrum master for the team and remove blockers when needed
- Communicate the team's work and manage partner expectations
- Define and iterate processes and technical stack to improve scale and quality
- Build partnerships with key members within and outside of the Customer Support and Success (CSS) organization
On the first day, we'll expect you to have
- 5+ years as a people leader with proven success
- 10+ years experience in analytics field
- Strong business acumen that you can help your team navigate through complexity and ambiguity
- Strong communication skills to tell data stories to non-technical audience
- Strong technical background in statistics, measurement, experimentation, modeling, SQL, R/Python, data instrumentation
- Experience applying advanced analytics knowledge to the real world
- Project management skills
It's great, but not required, if you have
- Experience hiring and managing a global team
- Experience in B2B, customer support, customer success
- Experience in product analytics, people analytics
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
More about our team
We are a growing analytics and project delivery team located in multiple regions across the globe. We challenge each other constantly to improve our work and ask hard questions. We're direct, focused, and demand excellence, but there's laughter in every meeting because we thoroughly enjoy the work we do and the impact it has. We're constantly growing, learning, adapting, and trying new things. BBQ, tacos, and coffee are a few of our favorite things.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.