|Job Type:||Full Time|
We're looking for a talented designer to join us to help define and design compelling experiences that empower teams to achieve more together. You'll have the opportunity to shape the direction of Video conferencing, Calling, and Devices for Microsoft Teams, a chat-based collaboration app that is changing how people work together.
Our design team is a highly collaborative group of user researchers and product and visual designers. We value creativity, open idea sharing, and having fun while we work. Most of all, we’re motivated by our millions of users. We want them to love our products.
We are looking for a well-rounded interaction designer that can conceptualize the big picture as well as drive detailed design development for collaboration and communications user experiences. You should have a proven record of innovative thinking, a history of using design to drive new ideas and the ability to help others to make the right design decisions.
Candidates will work with other designers and Program Managers to create forward thinking designs that are user scenario driven and meet business goals. At the core of this job candidates will identify user centered design patterns, establish scenarios, place designs into user context and create interactions that align to those requirements. Candidates must be able to articulate their thinking using a variety of mediums from information diagrams and wireframe flows to detailed prototypes. You will need to show attention to detail and passion for the work you produce. A solid understanding of graphic/visual design is advantageous.
- Create and manage design in-depth for a complete feature area.
- Help solve complex design problems in simple and intuitive ways, that blend together brand personality, visual, motion and sound to create delightful experiences.
- Create and assess design solutions based on user research data and user goals.
- Produce design visualizations to help everyone understand what the best experience should be: storyboards, flows, wireframes, prototypes, and vision pieces.
- Work closely and constructively with product management, visual and interaction designers, editors, engineers and user researchers to iterate and deliver flawlessly.
- Interface with design teams across Microsoft to bring unity among our features.
- Advocate for your design solutions by putting them in context of business and user goals.
- Design or HCI degree, or comparable work experience
- 1+ years experience in UX design
- Software design experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- History of impacting shipping products with your work.
- Graphic/visual design experience.
- Be self-directed and able to self-manage.
- Have solid IA and visual design skills.
- You can handle complex design problems and have a proven ability to create sophisticated and elegant solutions.
- You have outstanding communication/presentation skills to tell your design stories to fellow designers, developers, and product management.
- Self-motivated and driven to get the details right.
- Ability to multi-task on multiple features
- Strong aesthetic intuition
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.