Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
The Modernization of Accounting Processes (MAPS) program is an enterprise initiative to transition from legacy on-prem Finance applications to Oracle’s Cloud Financials. This architect role plays a lead key role in the conversion of data from our legacy GL to our new GL. Knowledge of finance application and data principles are needed to transition data out of our legacy systems into the new applications converting data to align a new restructured Chart of Accounts. Leadership is needed for conversion, testing, go-live cutover from our old to new platforms along with the retirement and archival of legacy application.
- Derives, challenges, and is able to comprehend and speak to detailed IT customer/application requirements
- Works collaboratively to design, document, and request delivery of, multi-platform and multi-site/zone infrastructure environments.
- Manages multiple project engagements and priorities autonomously and in parallel.
- Proactively seeks out and works to solve/avoid technical issues before project timelines are impacted.
- Understands, communicates, and challenges standards and processes where appropriate.
- Maintains working knowledge of IT industry and trends.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field
- 4+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
- In lieu of degree, 6+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
- Understanding and experience with database tools such as Teradata and Oracle
- Experience with AWS or other cloud frameworks for data migration and consumption
- Experience with Ab Initio is preferred
- Experience and understanding of Financial data, principles, and reporting needs.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.