|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Legal Specialist II / Paralegal II position will report directly to the Senior Counsel for the Channel Business Unit and will work to support Channel’s global legal needs under the guidance of Senior Counsel. The position also will support, in part, Data and Devices matters under the direction of the Associate General Counsel, Data and Devices. The individual will have daily exposure to a diverse range of contracts and legal documents, with responsibility for providing detailed analysis to colleagues in the Legal Department and global business clients. The individual will conduct research and resolve routine legal questions under direction of Senior Counsel. In addition, the individual will support the Business Units by identifying and mitigating legal risks. This position will provide general paralegal support and assist Senior Counsel in preparation of various business support documents including contract templates, legal correspondence, policies, procedures, presentation materials, and training slides.
- Draft, review, edit, and negotiate complex legal agreements under the guidance of Channel Counsel.
- Serve as a key point of contact for clients; coordinate with Senior Counsel as appropriate and required.
- Provide effective, comprehensive, and timely legal advice to clients, using independent thought and judgment to understand client requests and inquiries and determine the appropriate action that meets the client’s needs and that is based in fact, analysis, and evidence that aligns with requirements typically noted in applicable legal agreements, law, regulation, or policy.
- Prepare, draft, and/or maintain contract templates, legal correspondence, policies, presentations, and other materials.
- Manage and coordinate projects and drive solutions to meet project objectives; provide project management support for key TE legal initiatives; interact with key management to facilitate project completion as needed.
- Support development of training materials on Law Department policies and legal matters.
- Work with Channel Counsel to establish relevant policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate and complete records on internal databases, as well as collect and collate information required from a wide variety of sources.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus Paralegal Certificate or requisite experience
- 5+ years of work experience in corporate law setting of large, global companies, with minimum of 4 years of contracting and negotiation skills
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Strong analytical, drafting, and negotiation skills
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite including but not limited to functionality such as redlining and comments in Word
- Proficient in common professional IT products and solutions or the aptitude to learn
- Experience with contract management systems
- Robust communication skills and the ability to seamlessly communicate complex ideas with clarity and precision, both verbal and written
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to prioritize tasks based on urgency
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Must excel at project management and have the ability to multi-task several large projects at once and the ability to collaborate with all levels of a company
- Excellent command and highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Desire and aptitude for constant professional improvement and growth
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.