|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
We have an immediate need to fill a position for an experienced Digital/Analog Electrical Design Engineer to design Silicon MEMS and Piezoelectric (PE) accelerometers for industrial, aerospace, automotive, military and defense applications. The candidate shall be responsible for all phases of the development life cycle through requirements, architecture, design, implementation, and verification processes.
Duties shall include both new developments and support of existing designs. Critical to this role is a strong understanding of how digital systems interact with analog sensors and utilization of DSP to manipulate data into configured data streams. The knowledge and understanding required of this position include:
- Expertise in digital and analog electronics hardware design and development (minimum 5 years).
- Hands-on experience with circuit prototyping and test, including test equipment setup and performance evaluation.
- Familiar with fixed and floating point DSP hardware and algorithms.
- Signal analysis and methods such as Kalman filtering, FFT, and DFT.
- Excellent debugging skills including familiarity with hardware/software interaction in embedded systems.
- General understanding of physics and translational and rotational kinematics a big plus.
- General understanding of PCM data streams including IRIG106 encoding.
- Sensor design and knowledge of signal conditioning and test methods for MEMS and IEPE sensors strongly preferred.
- Experience with engineering tools such as Altium, PSPICE, OrCAD, and MATLAB, is expected.
- Environmental testing experience including EMC.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including documenting system level designs and changes.
- Must be US person or PRC holder due to access to products and technology controlled under the ITAR & EAR.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and as part of a larger team working remotely.
- Minimum of a BSEE or equivalent with 5 years related experience.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.