|Job Type:||Full Time|
MicrosoftCore Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services the company runs on and boldly pursues big ideas that power transformational advancements for Microsoft and for our customers, while helping our teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Microsoft’s cloud and devices businesses are growing exponentially, and the Supply Chain Engineering team is responsible for building the services and infrastructure underlying this growth. Supply Chain Engineering team key responsibilities include demand forecasting, capacity planning, supply chain management, manufacturing and logistics planning and execution, and of course customer care services. To efficiently manage this scope at scale, analytics based on high quality, timely data flowing across business processes is essential. The Supply Chain engineering team is amid a transformation that will enable the business to efficiently scale to meet these needs. Ultimately, we envision a future where systems can anticipate issues and see opportunities, recommend, and take actions, and where humans review and oversee this work.
We are seeking a Principal Software Engineering Manager to manage SAP Supply Chain – Plan engineering team, team play a critical role in enabling our business to scale through a digital & cost-effective supply chain strategy leveraging the industry leading solutions. You will partner with product management and teams across the company to lead the innovation and evolution of the solutions and services. We are looking for a proven leader who are passionate about engineering and bring their strength on supply chain domain and be part of the digital transformation journey.
This role encompasses both the aspects of delivery and people management, and is responsible for providing overall leadership to the SAP supply chain plan engineering team, setting direction for the team, ensuring all commitments are met, and developing strong partnerships with other groups, globally. This person will lead a team comprising highly skilled SAP functional individual contributors from Software Engineering discipline. The role includes building alliances with Business Operations team along with the PM counterpart. Ideal candidates will have a strong balance of technical & people skills, a proven history of working well across large scale, globally dispersed groups. The position is responsible for driving design decision, ensuing the development of high-quality solutions with an emphasis on quality, simplicity and maintainability while ensuring sound instrumentation and telemetry into the solutions to measure availability and operational intelligence metrics.
- Lead & manage high performing team of SAP functional software engineers.
- Provide leadership to team, including development of goals, objectives, and performance success criteria.
- Manage High and low performers.
- Aligns team’s commitments with organizational strategic directions
- Lead engineering of solution design of our integrated business planning processes (specifically SAP IBP S&OP, IBP Demand Planning, IBP Inventory, IBP Response and Supply, CPI-DS, SDI, Ariba SCC) ensuring they are always positioned to drive high-quality, reliable, systems enablement.
- Champion modern engineering practices (Agile, Live Site, Telemetry, backlog grooming, etc.) and help evolve customer experience and value
- Execute flawlessly – Big Bet project releases, Product Launches and other moments of truth
- Drive service improvements through focus on automation and technical debt reduction
- Partner with peers on system performance, capacity management and scalability to ensure sustained service stability, SLAs and Business KPIs
- Own SOX and Security Compliance for all relevant services
- Partner with Solution Owners, Business stakeholders, Enterprise Architecture, SWE, SE in analyzing requirements, analyzing impacts, proposing designs, fleshing these out to detailed designs, and finally driving the designs to completion through feature Team.
- Engage with business process units and work closely with upstream and downstream application owners to effectively build a ‘trusted advisor’ relationship with these teams through consistent on-time, on-budget delivery
- Build cross-team coordination and a community with other engineers relating to challenges & opportunities in the areas of app to app and business to business integrations
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Software Design, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 15 years' minimum experience in Software Engineering, Software Development, or Software Design.
- 15+ years of relevant enterprise software design and SAP configuration experience with focus on IBP/APO modules such as S&OP, Demand and Response & Supply, Business Network Collaboration (IBP/Ariba), Cloud Platform Integration (CPI-DS), and Smart Data Integration (SDI) in like business environments and SD/MM experience
- Deep expertise on supply chain planning domain around demand and supply planning
- Ability to engage with customers and partners, both inside and outside of Microsoft to understand their business needs and priorities, technological landscape and roadmaps.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with other leaders who are responsible for overall technical platform design and management.
- Prior experience in designing, developing and operating SAP Solutions within large scale, matrix environments.
- Prior experience with SAP HANA solutions, including S/4 Hana a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.