|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come and join the MBO team where we thrive on data to solve high impact business problems! Help develop capabilities for predictive modeling, text mining, clustering, anomaly detection, forecasting methods, deep learning and other advanced statistical techniques. You will work with design, development, product, and other data scientists to deliver data powered solutions including problem definition, data acquisition, data preprocessing / engineering, data exploration and visualization, feature engineering, experimenting with ML algorithms, evaluating and comparing metrics, deploying the models, iteratively improving the solution, building the tools for this process, etc. Work with data from diverse structured and unstructured data sources in a variety of formats. You’ll have direct interaction with experts in machine learning, software development and partner product teams and will contribute to the vision, scenario/feature planning, execution, and delivery of transformative solutions across our strategic customer accounts and industries.
We’re looking for a Sr. Data Scientist who is highly motivated, extremely passionate about driving a data culture, has a proven track record of applying advanced techniques to solve real customer and business problems, and is excellent at working across disciplines to build high quality models tied to business outcomes. We are looking for people with diverse multi-disciplinary backgrounds, engineering and analytical skills, business experience, relentless curiosity, and a motivation to improve product quality and business outcomes with data. You should have a clear record of using data to improve the world around you and demonstrate an aptitude for mentoring others. Our work is highly varied and offers a chance to focus on different data science techniques while being dialed in to inform the next generation of Industry based AI accelerators in areas like Sustainability et al.
You will take on the most complex problems and guide the rest of the data science team in their efforts, helping them formulate approaches to solve challenging problems and discover new opportunities using well-defined algorithms and data sources in context of customer, engineering, and business needs. You will build predictive models and conduct experiments to gain insights to tell a compelling customer story. You will engage with peers to produce clear, compelling, and actionable insights that influence product and service improvements. You will contribute to research, identification, prototyping, and productizing of ML/AI techniques and algorithms that result in specific action plans. You will also engage in the peer review process and act on feedback while learning innovative methods, algorithms, and tools to increase the impact and applicability of your results.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in data science, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or another quant-focused field OR Equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years' experience in Data Science, Advanced Analytics and/or Statistics.
- Demonstrated partnership, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with experiments, machine learning, deep learning, anomaly detection, predictive analysis, exploratory data analysis, and other areas of data science
- Ability to explain Machine Learning results (why you picked an algorithm vs. another, why the model evaluates / has the results it has etc.) to a business audience using outcomes, not “PhD required” terms to understand
- Engineering experience using large data systems (“Big Data”) on Spark, SQL, Hadoop, Hive queries, etc.
- Proficiency using one or more programming or scripting language like Python (*preferred*), R, SQL
- Advanced data visualization experience using PowerBI (preferred), Tableau, MicroStrategy, Qlikview or via Notebooks
- Experience performing data analysis and applying statistical rigor working with tools like Excel, R, MATLAB, AMPL, or SAS
- A desire to mentor others and stay current with advances in the industry.
- Programming languages like C#, JS, Node.JS, ReactJS, GO
- Industry relevant expertise in Healthcare, Manufacturing, Government, Retail, Financial Services
- Web browser or large scale web services
- High volume software development
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.