|Job Type:||Full Time|
Minecraft inspires millions to create together, connects people across the globe, and fosters a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world. We are looking for an ambitious, results-driven Technical Program Manager with a passion for education and creating a great player experience to join us in our mission to empower teachers and students with Minecraft: Education Edition to do more. You should have experience leading teams of engineers, architects, and quality assurance across the organization to deliver product in a timely fashion. An attention to detail, being self-motivated and an ability to create results in a highly flexible environment are a must.
- Serve as the Technical Producer for all aspects of the product development including investigation, design, execution, testing, maintenance, documentation and delivery.
- Identify requirements and design, scope, and communicate the needed work. Take ownership of the product experience.
- Coordinate and manage production schedules. Run daily stand-ups and monitor the velocity of the team.
- Collaborate across disciplines to refine and iterate on product features.
- Optimize team processes to improve quality, engineering productivity, and responsiveness to feedback and changing priorities.
- Overcome obstacles by resolving issues, regardless of team boundaries, and identify and resolve teamwork issues.
- Engage and maintain consistent communication with all relevant parties until issues are resolved.
- Champion and evangelize efforts of the team throughout the organization.
- Clearly and effectively report on relevant aspects of the project to leadership at any level of the organization.
- Communicate identified risks in advance and drive mitigation plans.
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Program Manager
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience shipping/supporting Games or Educational software as a Service as either a Developer or a Program Manager
- Demonstrated ability to understand what resonates with players and content creators and to translate consumer and business goals into end-to-end feature plans (scenarios, functional specs, schedules)
- Self-directed and one to take initiative in order to drive progress
- Technical acumen and expertise - An understanding of designing, building, delivering, and maintaining applications and services for high availability, resiliency, and performance in a dynamic environment
- Understand all aspects of production methodologies, project management, and have strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to build consensus among diverse stakeholders
- Comfortable presenting and demonstrating products for large and small audiences
- Passion for games and empathy for how games positively affect and influence people’s lives
- Fluency in Mandarin a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.