|Job Type:||Full Time|
This is a thrilling time to be part of Azure as Microsoft continues to embrace this exciting growth area! Are you looking for a challenging career where working directly withbothcustomersand engineering teamsis your top priority? Are you passionate about working with customers on their journey to the Cloud?
If so, thenAzureGlobalSpecial Capabilities, Infrastructure and Innovation (ASCII) might be the team you have been looking for! Our mission is toensure we have the best and most comprehensive cloud to enable the successful deployment and operations of workloads for our customers and partners, enabling them to depend on Azure to further their most important mission needs on the cloud and the edge.
AzureGlobalSpecial Capabilities (ASCII) is an elite team of architects, engineers and developers within the Cloud andAIengineering organization that works withthe most strategic customers on Azure. By joining this team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with Azure Engineering teams to spearhead customer enablement and adoption of new and bleeding edge technologies. You will work with customers to code, design, architect, and prototype solutions to address novel problems pushing Azure’s boundaries and to identify product changes to democratize these patterns for our wider customer base.
Azure Global Special Capabilities (ASCII) Engineers are expected to be hands-on technical experts, capable of:
- Developing specific capabilities for customers and the Azure platform.
- Directly implementing proof of concept solutionsof the architectures they derive with customers after exploring their requirements.
- Presenttechnical challenges, solutions, and guidance to audiences including senior customer technical and business decision makers, executives, and internal engineering leadership.
- Identifying solution patterns, gaps, whitespace, limits and adoption barriers and driving feedback into the engineering teams to fuel the continued evolution of our cloud platform
- Engage in deep engineering projectswith both customer and internal teams, to validate customer scenarios as well as provide data to the product teams as they evolve the platform.
To be successful in this challenging position, you will need exceptional cross-group collaboration, strategic thinking, and customer skills. The candidate needs to possess excellent communication and presentation skills as well as have the ability to effectively interface with employees and customers at all levels. As a thought leader, the candidate will also need to have a deep understanding of the strategies and offerings of key competitors.
- A fast paced, exciting work environment where there is always a new challenge.
- Direct interaction with product group resources to develop skillsets Azure knowledge unmatched outside engineering.
- Opportunities to showcase yourtechnical talents and help customers at the same time.
- Direct influence on product engineering decisions as you will represent the voice of the customer.
- Inclusive work environmentand getting to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Minimum five years working in product teams as a software engineer or developer/test engineer over several ship cycles in datacenter/cloud scale products
- Deep technical knowledge on Cloud (Public/Private), IaaS, PaaS, services etc.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to code, design and architect solutions on top of Azure
- Ability and flexibility to learn and adapt to a spectrum of services and platform capabilities that make up Azure
- The candidate should be equally comfortable interacting with anyone: from a very technical developer to a business-focused executive.
- Strong analytical and strategic capabilities, with excellent written and presentation skills
- Strong customer and partner empathy, with demonstrated ability to translate real world business problems into end-to-end technology product solutions
- Excellent cross-organizational agility, partnering skills with ability to drive shared goals across multiple groups in different regions/continents
- A proven ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and customers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- FPGA programming experience strongly desired
- Experience working with government IT projects and teams
- Knowledge of other open source technologies is an added advantage
- Unreal Engine programming experience
- Background in aerospace engineering
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.