|Job Type:||Full Time|
Public Cloud is the most important trend in IT today, and inflection points of this magnitude come along very infrequently. As the move to the cloud continues to accelerate, Azure is focused on being the cloud platform of choice for all. Azure Compute is the bedrock of Microsoft’s public cloud strategy, the cloud platform that is trusted by over 95% of the Fortune 100. Our customers look to us to deliver a platform that enables them to accelerate their business, that gets the infrastructure out of their way and enables them to run their applications with high reliability, no matter what their scale. It’s an incrediblydynamic, high growth, and strategic business.
Are you excited about building planetary-scale infrastructure? Are you great at driving alignment across teams through a deep understanding ofcustomers, process andtechnology? Do you have a good nose for data? Do you rub your hands in glee when a great plan comes together? If so, we’d love for you to consider Azure Compute.
In this role, youwillwork closely with product leadership to:
- Drivekeyproduct &business review processes. Work with the leadership team to optimize outcomes.
- Mentor and coachPMs to make better product decisions.
- Be responsible for holisticproductplanning across the Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) domain – preparation, alignment,communication and iteration.
- Define and implementprocess improvements.
- Gainbroad-baseddomain knowledge around IaaS – the customers, the competitionand relevant changesto the market and environment.
- Be the engine thatdrivescollaborationacross key decision-makerstoensure alignmentaround critical strategic efforts.
- Ensure there’s clarityaroundour plans, and proactive visibility around execution.
- Be the “conductor of the orchestra” forIaaSat Azure.
- Help lead and champion the culture.
This is an excellent role for someonewho is great withdata, organizationandplanningto be acriticalpart of the engine that drivesthisrapidly growingproduct suiteforward.
Working in Azure Compute
In Azure Compute, you’ll be part of a dynamic and vibrant team. Wedream big.We obsess about building great customer experiences.Our culture is open,friendly,respectful,empoweringand fun. Our colleagues are among the best in the industry, and we collaborate closely and learn from each other every day.
Our customers are diverse, passionate and hold us to a high bar. They rely on us to host some of the top mobile games, the software that literally runs the business for large manufacturing concerns, manage large-scale risk-assessment, leading-edge scientific workloads, AI-powered smart systems, and so much more. Their voice is central to every decision we make.
- 3+ years of experience in roles where you were responsible for the end-to-end experience for a technology product or business
- 10+ years of experience in any combination of Engineering, TPM, Product, Consulting or related roles in a technology business
- Background in Strategy / Management Consulting in a technical business or a technical background (Compute Science, EE, etc)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong customer empathy
- Deep understanding of the Cloud business.
- Ability to define clear plans in the face of ambiguity.
- Ability to understand and communicate with the customer, technical and business implications of product decisions
- Understanding of primary, secondary and tertiary data sources (ideally relating to the public cloud), how best to use each of them, and when and how to gather new primary data.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.