|Job Type:||Full Time|
The pattern & practices team is chartered with discovering, communicating, and promoting guidance that leads to success when our customers adopt Azure. We have a long history of providing proven practices addressing real-world challenges. By educating technical decision makers, architects, and engineers around the world to effectively and efficiently implement solutions on Azure, we actively contribute to the Microsoft mission to “empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more”, every day.
Examples of our deliverables have included:
- Written guidance – narratives reflecting cloud adoption, architectural design, and the entire software development process, associated patterns, and tradeoffs that arise from technical decisions.
- Reference implementations – real-world examples of typical application architectures
- Application building blocks – libraries of source code targeted at specific problem domains.
Our guidance addresses a wide array of topics, ranging from infrastructure to big data. Being able to quickly learn about new technologies and practices is critical. Also, you will need to be able to:
The core responsibilities for a Senior Content Developer on the patterns & practices team include:
- Write and edit adoption, architecture, and solution content for the field and our customers
- Collaborate with PM, design, and engineering teams to co-author content.
- Help define writing projects, content design, and customer journeys.
- Independently follow designs and standards to develop and deliver guidance.
- Conduct peer edits for grammar, style, and form.
- Help assess market feedback and content performance on adoption of our content.
- Collaborate across organizational boundaries to deliver relevant content to our audience.
The successful applicant must have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years in a technical writing or lead writing role.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with content management systems.
- Experience working directly with development teams.
- Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- A proactive mindset for resolving problems and delivering results.
- Strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
Additional experiences that are beneficial:
- Experienced using Git and markdown
- Working knowledge of design patterns & ability to communicate the rationale underlying design decisions.
- Experience with data, analytics, and content performance
- Degree in English, Technical Writing, or related field highly desirable
- Azure or other cloud experience highly desirable.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.