|Job Type:||Full Time|
Service Engineer 2
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Are you excited about Agile and working in a DevOps world? Are you the type of person who loves the challenge of designing and building world-class solutions while promoting ownership and follow-through across these critical services? Can you be a technical leader within a team driving adoption of cutting-edge technologies and methods, being Microsoft’s best customer, and evaluating new products well ahead of everyone else? Are you looking for a highly inclusive and collaborative team to learn from and grow with?
If so, we have an opportunity for you. The Secure Access Services organization, within Digital Security and Risk Engineering, is looking for a passionate engineer to architect, design and build identity and security solutions for protecting Microsoft assets. This candidate should have proven infrastructure and automation experience, ability to translate business problems into technical designs and solutions while maintaining obsession and passion for securing our software/services, automation, reliability, and the customer experience. In DSRE, the leading security org for Microsoft, our Secure Access Services organization manages our services end to end. We own the full stack from custom application development, through identity and security products/tooling, and to the underlying infrastructure. We set the bar for security at Microsoft, often on the bleeding edge of identity and security capabilities while influencing many products to improve – including our own Windows OS branch, among others, to check-in!
The Secure Access Services team is a fun, dynamic, supportive community of engineers, service managers, and program managers who are committed to delivering the very best solutions and services to our customers in a highly collaborative and inclusive manner. We strive to continue learning and applying solutions that not only exceed Microsoft’s needs but that are also often considered for product and cloud adoption. We build and run security software/services at scale, often in a manner unknown to the industry, which results in industry awards and consideration. If this sounds like the right environment for you, come join us!
- Provide technical leadership to a cross-functional engineering and operations team.
- Develop automation solutions across our windows ecosystem, to complete designs and test interfaces that solve classes of problems, enable integration across groups of components, improve reuse, and satisfy business, customer, engineering and operational requirements.
- Understand the business and define what is technically needed to meet strategic objectives and the day-to-day running of the service. This includes identification and innovation of new service capabilities that meets customer and security requirements.
- Ability to read, write, configure, design, and script end-to-end service telemetry, alerting and self-healing capabilities for platforms. Authoring functional and technical documentation.
- Communicate on a deeply technical level with product engineering and operations teams to improve and optimize both the product and the infrastructure.
- Remains current on new technologies, methods and procedures including, but not limited to, coding practices such as Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of windows services, or equivalent, implementation and automation experience.
- 3+ years of experience with Networking Concepts, Identity/Security, Certificate Services, encryption fundamentals, and infrastructure troubleshooting.
- 3+ years of ADLM, CI/CD, Site Reliability Engineering, ITIL, Microsoft Operations Framework (or equivalent) Monitoring, Alerting and Automation experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.