|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day.
Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
The Commercial Sales and Marketing IT team develops enterprise business solutions used by the Microsoft Seller and Marketing Community across the world as well as Microsoft Executive Leadership. One of the key priorities for this year is to consolidate the number of applications the seller is using and reduce the time spent on tools. We are under a new initiative of building software solutions for simple, end-to-end seller scenarios leveraging Microsoft products and technology stack on the cloud. Become part of a technically strong team that is on the forefront of these cutting-edge efforts and help us tackle our upcoming challenges. To be successful in this role, you must be able to do the following:
- Lead team of Site Reliability Engineers and Service Engineers to deliver on shared capabilities across the Sales and Marketing platform solutions, using modern engineering practices while focusing on Service Health, Time to Market, User Experience, and Compliance.
- Contribute to the SE/SRE leadership team for continual advancement; be part of strategy and future team design and set lofty goals.
- Drive and uphold an end to end Services Mindset and inculcate diverse and inclusive culture across the team.
- Collaborate across the engineering community to leverage and extend wherever possible, and partner closely with the central shared services tooling team to raise the bar and accelerate alignment and adoption of the Microsoft stack.
- Operate to Service Engineering and Site Reliability Engineering disciplines and process.
- Apply full understanding of the business, the customer, and the solutions that a business offers to effectively design, develop, and implement operational capabilities, tools, and processes that enable highly available, scalable, and reliable customer experiences.
- Heavy focus on driving efficiencies through automation and tools; if it's manually done today you are super passionate to automate it!
- Build business continuity and disaster recovery plans, and ensure they're tested regularly.
- Develop high quality monitoring and health reporting solutions that address our live site needs and as much as possible reflect the actual user or customer experience.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Development, Software Engineering, Software Design, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 10 years' minimum experience in Software Engineering, Service Engineering, Software Development, or Site Reliability Engineering
- Operational background in modern engineering practices.
- Demonstrated ability to lead global teams and influence across matrixed organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to seek out and leverage data driven insights that foster continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated comfort in a frequently changing and ambiguous landscape as we move quickly to meet our user and customer expectations.
- Demonstrated passion and experience of Livesite and how to apply software solutions to resolve operational problems, proactively.
- Demonstrated continuous learner, always looking to expand your knowledge and experiences that enable you to consistently drive high quality impact to Microsoft and for our customers.
- Exhibit constant curiosity, expand your understanding of your services and how those light up success for our users and customers. Leverage what you learn to continuously improve yourself, your services and those around you!
- Strong customer focus with ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams to ensure continued customer happiness.
- Experience with Azure services.
- Experience with monitoring platforms including implementation and optimization of alerts over time.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.