|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, molding or assembly related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. They are experts in mold tooling, die tooling, machining, and assembly techniques, possessing extensive knowledge of the associated manufacturing processes which may include the optimization and standardization of stamping / molding / assembly or other processes within the manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) requirements, roll out Centers of Excellence (COE), Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP’s) and advise plants on tool and machine duplications / corrections / improvements. They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes.
- Respond to production issues. Determine the cause of manufacturing defects or failures and take actions to correct and resolve the problems
- Review, recommend and implement design, process or equipment changes
- Set-up manufacturing procedures, process instructions, and provide training to assembly operators
- Initiate/manage capital equipment projects. Specify and manage installation and start-up of new manufacturing equipment
- Scale-up manufacturing processes
- Analyze manufacturing yield and in-process data
- Create bill-of-materials, routing and manufacturing specifications for new products
- Document technical and manufacturing information
- Establish and maintain a culture of continuous improvement and process excellence
- Establish management practices in department to encourage employees’ positive involvement, with the opportunity for constructive input and action
- Responsible for directing and executing planning process to drive continuous improvement activities in the department
- Direct or support the effective implementation of investment projects approved for capacity or facility expansion and upgrades
- May lead or participate in regional or global projects
- Other duties as assigned
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finder, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- May be required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, however, the employee shall be mostly sitting, standing and/or walking.
- May be required to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds unassisted, occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds assisted.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of experience and education required
- A 5 year minimum in a leadership role in manufacturing preferably assembly or fiber optic manufacturing
- Ability to work outside normal business hours to include evenings, nights, and weekends when necessary.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to lead or participate in regional or global projects
- Drive for results, strong action orientation
- Comfort around senior leadership, managerial courage to take position on issues
- Command and influencing skills
- Strong cross-functional and cross-cultural collaboration skills
- Ability to lead change, drive new business practices, challenge status quo
- Organizational agility, ability to create, manage and sustain systems
- Managing and measuring work, ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to build strong, credible relationships with multiple organization functions and nationalities (inside and outside of TE)
- Collaborative management skills and a pleasure to work with
- Business acumen.
- Excellent presentation skills (cross cultures, cross levels)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.