|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the Role
This position will be part of the Business Systems team. The goal of the Business Systems team is to create and deliver on meaningful, large scale technology programs that increase the ROI of Samsara’s systems and technology and improve the overall value and performance of the organization. We make systems/processes more efficient, reduce manual, low-value work, and enable the company to run better, make better decisions, and ultimately be more profitable.
The Sr. Business Systems Engineer on the Integrations team will be responsible for developing, deploying and supporting Mulesoft Integrations to enable the business. The individual will be expected to build APIs to enable a micro-services architecture.
This position will be based in our San Francisco HQ.
In this role, you will:
- Required hands-on experience and knowledge of implementing API using REST/web services
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks
- Debugging within a complex environment that includes multiple connected systems.
- Integrate key interfaces utilizing the Mulesoft Anypoint Platform
- Experience working with data interchange and data management (i.e. ETL processes, database interaction)
- Advanced Systems/software engineering experience with Complex scripting abilities.
- Various connector technologies including JMS, JDBC etc.
- Experience with software development principles, In-depth knowledge of software configuration practices.
- Strong analysis and design skills with a focus on system design, flow, and performance.
- Understanding of Microservice patterns & concepts & its application in problem solving
- Experience with Continuous Integration and automated testing strategies.
- Adept at mapping customer requirements to a solution approach.
- Champion, role model, and embody Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate has:
- Strong Experience using Mulesoft suite of products and Mulesoft API implementation
- Hands-on experience working with JSON, REST, SOAP, OAuth, and Swagger
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Agile experience
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.