|Job Type:||Full Time|
Program Manager 2, ACE (DSRE)
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Do you have a passion for security and get excited about impacting some of the largest and most complex security challenges Microsoft faces in the enterprise today including cloud and mobile? If the answer is yes, you may be a candidate to join the ACE Team inside the Digital Security Risk and Engineering (DSRE) Organization.
The ACE team is the security assurance & advisory arm of Microsoft’s Enterprise security organization. Our team is a dynamic organization chartered with providing Line of Business, Supply Chain and Venture Integration Security assurance as well as advisory services to help effectively identify and mitigate security risks inside the enterprise. We are a high energy, highly collaborative team with a very healthy organization (top WHI scores) and we are deeply committed to have a dramatic impact as a team.
The successful candidate for this role will deliver projects against the service delivery, transformation and strategy roadmap for the ACE team. This individual will contribute technical and PM expertise to broad areas including security assurance projects, design reviews, and remediation planning. The candidate will have opportunities to help drive initiatives to improve security automation or operational excellence. The role requires working across multiple teams and service lines.
Microsoft has modernized its engineering practices and continues to push the envelope for faster innovation by leveraging DevOps, CI/CD, automation and agile approaches. This role will help drive execution and thought leadership to align security processes to this modern engineering ecosystem and drive continuous assurance and controls into the engineering and operations processes.
As a member of the ACE team, you will:
- Help Senior leadership and engineering teams make risk-informed decisions through technical assessments and consultations
- Ensure the controls, platforms and tools which support assurance processes are aligned to the latest security trends and engineering models
- Work autonomously as well as in team environments, often in stressful, high impact situations
- Continuously learn and implement industry best security practices and standards
- Provide technical subject matter expertise and participate in technical advisory boards
- Commit to never settling for status quo and constantly keep improving your skills
Requirements/Qualifications and Previous Work and Related Experience
Nonnegotiable skills required to apply
- 3+ years experience working in information security, computer science or related fields
- 3+ years experience identity & access management technologies, including directory services, OAuth, SAML, LDAP, and PKI.
- 2+ years experience managing projects, programs or cross-organizational initiatives
Additional desired requirements
- Working knowledge of information security and risk management processes and controls including security architecture, security assessments, security engineering, risk management and/or compliance.
- Experience working with matrixed organizations
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Preferred certifications: CISSP, CSSLP
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.