|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Supply Chain and Provisioning (CSCP) is the engine that powers Microsoft's cloud services. The team is responsible for designing, building and operating our unified global datacenters; managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure; and responsible for all of the operations needed to run the physical infrastructure including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams. We focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, cost‐effectiveness and environmental sustainability. We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform. Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our portfolio is built and managed by a team of subject matter experts working 24x7x365 to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to lead a product lifecycle management initiative that spans from hardware design to decommission, a key element of our digital transformation across the Microsoft Cloud processes and systems.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team and influence the way one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cloud environments is built and supported. This leadership role resides within the Supply Chain Strategy and Transformation organization to define the PLM digital thread throughout the Azure deployment pipeline. This leader will be responsible for driving change through investment in our product data model and thus laying the groundwork for scalable growth while delivering capacity and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
- Close gaps in process execution through implementation of industry leading practice product data model and integration to core supply chain systems.
- Lead virtual team of industry experts, process SMEs, and technical team to interpret the spirit of the product data model and governance solution roadmap.
- Conduct workshops to develop new processes and functional designs to enable future state.
- Document requirements & processes into a functional design document (FDD) that can be consumed by the technical resources.
- Coordinate with technical PM to develop and finalize technical solutions based on the functional designs.
- Coordinate with OCM Team on OCM activities.
- Collaborate and formally track inputs, impacts, and decisions across E2E processes: Design, Plan, Source, Make, Deliver, Return, and Enable.
- Accountable for ROI progress tracking, development of program Objectives and Key Results, and KPI reporting.
- Work with engineering groups to define priorities, roadmap and resources needed.
- Act as an escalation point for the team, helping to remove barriers to progress and productivity.
- Responsible for program value realization and progress reporting that support both working team level and high-quality executive updates for efficient decision making
- Bachelor’s degree in business, IT operations, engineering, or equivalent
- At least 12 years’ experience in supply chain, engineering, and/or systems development
- PLM solution implementation experience
- Lean/Six Sigma certification
- SAP/ERP and SAP MDG S/4 experience
- Working knowledge of data analytics tools (Power BI, etc.)
- PMP certification
- Experience with IT Service Management, Change Management, Release Management, Product Life Cycle preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.