|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Operations and Innovation (CO+I) is the team behind the cloud. CO+I is responsible for delivering over 200 Microsoft web portals, Live and Online Services around the world including infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the network that powers the world’s largest online services.
Within CO+I, the Datacenter Construction (DCD) team is responsible for delivering datacenter capacity for Microsoft’s cloud business. We have a global portfolio of complex, multi-disciplinary, multi-million, multi-year datacenter construction projects.
We are looking for an experienced and seasoned Construction scheduling leader with proven success in managing construction execution to schedules and in eliminating inefficiencies in schedule through focused optimization efforts in collaboration with GCs and other teams. As the Principal Construction Scheduling Leader, you will be responsible for leading the management and execution of planning and development of schedule optimization efforts. Identifying opportunities for optimization, driving changes and enabling improvements in the overall SLAs for delivering projects will be a key responsibility. If you enjoy working under pressure and deadlines and have a strong ability to manage ambiguity and uncertainty, while driving clarity this role is for you. Additional requirements for this role include: the ability to work across organizational boundaries to build alignment and drive impact. You will also possess strong business acumen and mental agility to ramp quickly across our diverse business requirements and portfolio.
- Establish and maintain standard SLAs for construction delivery and detailed project delivery schedule templates with key milestones.
- Collaborate with the schedule management team/schedule predictability efforts and regional teams for adapting new learnings and in translating data-driven insights to gain schedule efficiencies.
- Monitor, analyze and provide direction on timely efficiency improvements and schedule optimization through coordination with site and regional level leaders.
- Pilot focused schedule optimization efforts with the regional construction leaders and GCs on specific projects and drive schedule gains for the business.
- Coordinate with Global Risk Manager on portfolio level schedule risks and mitigationsto determine corrective actions that could affect timely delivery.
- Work with Supply planning team in folding new SLAs into holistic planning efforts for builds.
- Champion on behalf of construction with teams upstream for changes to make input process more streamlined.
- 8+ leading schedule development/management on a portfolio of medium to large scale projects
- 10+ years of experience in construction scheduling
- Proven success in a lead role leading schedule development/management on a portfolio of medium to large scale projects.
- Experience in managing schedule on multi-year projects and working cross-group in driving impactful change in the organization.
- Expert user of MS Project, Primavera and other leading construction scheduling software
- Creative problem-solving, analytical skills to drive keen insights and collaboration across global teams within and outside the organization
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.