|Job Type:||Full Time|
Dynamics 365 is the 3rd Microsoft Cloud (after Azure and Office 365) representing one of the fastest growing SaaS businesses in the industry. We are trusted by some of the world’s most iconic brands and institutions, including Coca Cola, VISA, HSBC, Ford Motor Company and Starbucks, to power their digital transformation initiatives.
Dynamics 365 is a family of modern, interoperable, and individually adoptable, multi-tenant SaaS business applications built atop a shared Power Platform, hosted on Azure, and connected across Microsoft Clouds.
To capitalize on our success and prepare for the next chapter of Dynamics 365 growth, we formed a new product group: Dynamics 365 Solutions. Our goal is to build and deliver solutions that address real business problems, directly to market. Solutions are built based on our existing rich Dynamics apps roaster, enhanced with AI and Mixed Reality, and natively available atop our cloud platform.
Dynamics 365 solutions will address a broad portfolio of domains: micro-targeted (e.g. “back to work safely”), macro-targeted (e.g. “intelligent, personalized customer engagement for B2C companies” and industry-targeted (e.g. patient care in a healthcare setting).
If you’re looking to participate in a division-critical mission, to solve challenging engineering problems, to deliver customer-centric value, and to take part in a new fast-growing “startup”, you have reached the right place!
As principal engineer in this Group, you will lead designing and delivering new solutions. This includes solutions architecture definition, building solutions business flows, developing new components needed to enable new experiences, and solving technical problems as we package different apps/components together. You will need to get deeply acquainted with the platforms on which deliver Dynamics 365 solutions including Azure, Power Apps, Power Automate and Power BI as well as our Data Model (CDM). To do that you will need to –
- Own complete solutions across their entire life cycle
- Drive the overall architecture of solution and infrastructure within the team and across the organization.
- Work closely across teams and disciplines to shape the solutions and make sure they provide value to our customers.
- Drive solution implementation across multiple feature crews.
- Work with the peer PMs to define solutions day to day execution.
- Comply with project plans and industry standards.
- Debug and investigate live-site issues to ensure proper availability of our solution.
- Investigate and prototype new technologies and frameworks.
- Foster a culture of agility, innovation and customer-focus within the team.
- Lead by example high level of technical excellence (including but not limited to participating in design, code and test reviews).
- Mentor more junior team members professionally.
- Superb problem-solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Creative and innovative thinking.
- Good communication, critical thinking and collaboration skills.
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent 10+ years of development experience in relevant technologies (C#, JS, React, cloud computing)
- Exceptional software engineering skills across all phases of software development lifecycle.
- Ability to understand unfamiliar code bases, debug client and service side applications.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks completely and independently.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Passion for mentoring junior engineers.
- Ability to generate clarity in ambiguous situations.
- Knowledge of Dynamics 365 apps / Microsoft Power Platform is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.