|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft Devices Design Studio is building a world class in-house team. We are looking for passionate designers who want to help us create devices and experiences for Microsoft that make peoples' lives better.
This is a Senior Industrial Designer position within the Devices Design Studio. You will be joining a team that drives vision and product development for Surface, Xbox, and PC Accessories programs. We are looking for a talented Industrial Designer with strong design skills building extraordinary experiences. The candidate will be part of a team that is responsible for guiding and designing the vision for Microsoft Devices. We're looking for someone who is forward-thinking and willing to challenge and provoke new ways to connect with our consumers.
The candidate must have strong experience with identifying relevant customer, cultural, and commercial insights and be able to translate these insights into compelling design solutions. This position requires excellent design, communication, and organization skills as well as the ability to work across teams. Candidate will also be expected to take a product idea from concept to production and will quickly broaden technical understanding as new technologies become available.
This Senior Industrial Designer will help set the pace for design within the studio, lifting up junior designers to be better creators through your example and working closely with team members, researchers, and engineers in a highly collaborative environment. Strong communication and collaborations skills are required. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who is excited about making a real impact on the future of consumer electronics.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of work experience in product development
- Consulting agency experience is a plus
- Excellent designer in form giving, sketching, 3D modeling, color, material and finish
- Intrinsic passion for seamless hardware/software experiences
- Skilled in one or more 3D CAD applications (SolidWorks, Creo, Rhino, Alias)
- Skilled with rendering software (Keyshot, Octane, Redshift or similar)
- Proficient in 2D design, graphics, and Adobe Suite
- A strong portfolio demonstrating breadth and creativity in product design, versatility with rapid prototyping tools and methods, and a strong understanding of design and creative process is required.
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills
- A bachelor’s degree in industrial design or product design or similar field is required
- Willing to travel overseas 10-25 percent
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.