|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about taking on high scale critical public services and empowering them run faster, more secure, more resiliently, and less costly in the cloud? Are you interested in leading Critical Infrastructure (CI) and State and Local Government (SLG) through their digital transformation to run securely and reliably in the cloud through industry-leading technology? Are you unstoppable when it comes to opening new schools of thought around difficult SLG customer problem spaces, inspiring teams, and setting clear vision? Are you ready to lead Microsoft and our technologies into the far digital reaches of the world’s CI, and the country’s SLG, to solve challenging monitoring and response problems? Do you set and maintain high self-expectation for integrity, accountability, and respect? If so, this PM role in Azure Global is the role for you.
We are fast-moving, projects-oriented teams that leverages and expands the capabilities of Azure, Edge, and Devices to create trusted monitoring solutions for CI ecosystems focused on high security and reliability.
We are looking for a collaborative and skilled PM with a growth mindset to help embrace and solve SLG technology challenges, new and old, through cloud products and services. Through this role you will have ample opportunities for growth, to make a positive impact on citizens across the country and around the globe, and to obtain valuable experience across the spectrum of technologies from user experience to cloud back-end.
- Learn and understand SLG customers and their digital challenges
- Build the workflows to support record-keeping, licensing, voting, registration, etc. for SLG customers, enabling best-in-class security and resilience for public services’ most critical ecosystems.
- Work with Azure Product/Service teams and customers to implement simple and scalable self-serve solutions.
- Ensure high quality development meets clear customer need
- Partner with our sales and strategy teams to grow the business landscape for innovations
- Model an entrepreneurial start-up mentality on the team through unstoppable pursuit of customer realities and challenges, rapid prototyping, and evaluation of the impact of new technologies
- Communicate with partner teams, PMs, and leads, writing documentation, responding to information requests.
- Educate yourself on the latest technologies and sharing your findings with your fellow developers.
- 7+ years of working in a field related to the digital transformation of Critical Infrastructure sectors, or of state and local governments
- Proven skills and experience in measuring what matters – defining, gathering, analyzing, and reporting on telemetry to indicate what is working and what needs attention.
- Ability to collaborate within and across teams effectively
- BS or MS in computer science, related degree, or 5+ years of work experience in technology
- Digital Security, Cloud Security, Cybersecurity experience are a big “plus”
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, AWS or similar cloud computing platforms
- Experience in operating and/or scaling cloud-based distributed systems
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.