|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is a highly innovative company that collaborates across disciplines to produce cutting edge technologies that change our world. Microsoft is seeking a highly motivated, FPGA and ASIC IP design engineer to help build innovative FPGA-based computing systems within a large design team. Well-designed hardware can deliver huge amounts of fine-grained parallelism; therefore, provide a very fast infrastructure and significantly accelerate many types of computations. Microsoft products touch the lives of millions of users daily. This opportunity provides a great channel for product impact at the cutting edge of high-performance computing.
Candidate should have experience architecting, implementing and debugging interfaces such as Ethernet, PCIe and DRAM using System Verilog in FPGA architectures. Candidate should have a strong desire to learn how software solutions can be used to develop FPGA and/or ASIC solutions for Microsoft’s next generation of cloud servers and applications. The candidate will contribute to a team developing IP for both FPGAs and ASICs. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator, creative, a critical thinker, and able to analyze and resolve complex issues.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work with application groups to define, architect, develop, verify, and release RTL based IP logic blocks and architect acceleration solutions.
- Develop, integrate, and debug IP blocks using a mixture of software and hardware languages.
- Simulation and hardware validation of large design, including lab debug and internal user support.
- Deploy and maintain acceleration solutions to meet significant reliability and service level requirements.
- Work in a team of hardware and software engineers to deploy working systems to a very large user base.
- A solid computer engineering background (MS in electrical and/or computer engineering or equivalent degree preferred, BS required)
- 5+ years of experience with software and hardware systems design, experience analyzing and improving RTL hardware performance and area as well as lab bringup.
- FPGA development environment tools expertise, including design, implementation and debug
- Experience with RTL programming languages Verilog, System Verilog, (VHDL acceptable)
- Programming and scripting in multiple programming languages, such as: C, C++, C#, OpenCL, System C, PowerShell
- Experience working in a team environment, coaching and mentoring team members
Desired skills and experience:
- High performance computing, parallel programming and experience optimizing algorithms for hardware architectures
- Experience analyzing software implementations. Identify and architect software code structures to target HLS (High Level Synthesis) tools for FPGAs and ASICs.
- Expertise in compilation flows and/or FPGA CAD tool development a plus.
- FPGA high-level synthesis design and compilation using HLS tools with C, C++ and OpenCL
This position requires limited domestic and international travel.
Microsoft is a highly innovative company that collaborates across disciplines to produce cutting edge cloud technology that changes our world. The Cloud Server Infrastructure (CSI) team in Microsoft’s Azure C+E division is responsible for delivering server infrastructure for Microsoft’s online services. The hardware for operating these services (over 200 and counting), comprises of hundreds of thousands of servers spread globally and applications that reach hundreds of millions of users every day. Our customer-base is growing rapidly, our infrastructure investments are multiplying, and the size of our global infrastructure is increasing by the day - along with the scale of our challenges. Learn more about our team and projects here Azure Hardware Infrastructure
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.