|Job Type:||Full Time|
Consumer Sales and Marketing Engineering is the primary engineering partner for the Microsoft Experience Centers supporting Consumer and Enterprise business sales. We're the engineering team that builds the technologies that enables our Experience Centers to be the public face of Microsoft, where every individual, community, and business can directly experience all that's possible with Microsoft.
CSME has an opening for a highly motivated software engineer that will be responsible for extending and enhancing our merchandising solution. You will be responsible for driving the design, development and implementation of new features using the latest technologies for the merchandising. As part of your work, you will contribute to the success of experience centers, Microsoft online sales channels as well as White label stores spread across the world and empower Supply Chain planners to deliver effective forecast to timely replenishment of the products across different channels. We are looking for someone that has a passion to help shape our merchandising solution and help promote the Microsoft brand by delivering best in-class experiences.
A well-qualified candidate is highly technical and has experience designing enterprise scale solutions. They are a self-starter with abundant intellectual curiosity and excel at framing problems analytically and are comfortable working through ambiguity and deliver quality solutions.
- Effectively partner with stakeholders to formulate approaches to solve problems using algorithms and models
- Use data exploration techniques to discover new opportunities within your problem area.
- Monitor Service health, build telemetry where needed and improve monitoring
- Working collaboratively with a team of diverse and talented peers
- Operating in a DevOps model while engaging modern engineering practices
- Providing quality input on peer code reviews and architectural designs
- Providing influence on schedule, feature, and product designs
- Owning accurate costing for your engineering activities
- Maintaining an unwavering focus on our customers and the impact you deliver
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years software engineering experience
- Experience working through full product cycles from initial design to final product and shipping on time
- Proficiency in C#, C++ or similar programming language and strong debugging skills
- Strong design and implementation skills
- Deep knowledge of the Microsoft development stack and technologies, such as .NET, Azure, REST APIs and modern engineering principles
- Experience with Azure big data processing a plus
- Deep knowledge of the modern engineering principles and practices
- Solid written/verbal communications skills and excellent problem-solving skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.