|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft 365 is one of the fastest growing businesses in the company’s history that brings together the latest and greatest versions of the Office apps, intelligent cloud services, and world-class security. Microsoft 365 is truly the locomotive driving the company’s incredible growth in the cloud which empowers governments, enterprises, small businesses, and consumers with world’s best productivity tools and services. The market opportunity is incredible and when combined with one of the latest Surface devices Microsoft 365 truly is an unbeatable solution.
The Modern Assistance, Research, and Learning Experiences team is responsible for delivering amazing experiences and premium content to 2 billion customers across Windows, Office, and Surface. Serving this many customers is a huge responsibility and rare opportunity. Every single day you will get the chance to deploy code into hyperscale services that power experiences in billions of devices. Moreover, we’re using the latest advances in AI and ML to drive intelligence into these experiences to make them engaging, personalized, and relevant. Stunningly cool and ground-breaking work.
We are searching for future Microsoft leaders who want to work on the latest technologies to build distributed systems at hyperscale. This role specifically focuses on building our open authoring platform and content management system that powers all of Microsoft 365 content. We deliver content across numerous channels that are constantly evolving and expanding so this is critical infrastructure for the business. The system is built using modern technology (Git backend, React frontend) and beyond our own needs we plan to open source several components to contribute back to the broader developer ecosystem.
You will have a unique opportunity to work with the latest cloud technologies and develop scalable Azure services using a mix of in house and open source technologies. This role has strong executive sponsorship, a lot of cross group work with other teams, and opportunity for technical leadership and advancement. Moreover, we’re looking for someone not only technically strong but also collaborative and willing to contribute to the success of others. We have a strong culture internally and win as a team.
- Leading feature delivery from start to finish: design, implementation, validation, deployment, and health of these features in high scale services
- Full stack development - UX and business logic across a broad set of features
- Driving improvements to the availability and performance of live site and satisfaction of our customers
- Collaboration with multiple disciplines: PMs, UX designers, data analysts, software engineers, and partner teams to deliver end-to-end clean and responsive experiences
- Improving services health using active alerting, monitoring, telemetry, etc.
- Investigating and prototyping features with new technologies and frameworks
- Using data to identify future product investments to drive up customer satisfaction or reduce cost
- At least 3 years of experience in a Software Design, Development, Programming or Engineering role
- At least 2 years of experience with Object-Oriented Design and Programming
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Technical competence and solid analytical skills
- Keen customer focus and understanding of the importance of live site engineering
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Desirable experience in the following tech areas:
- Cloud framework: Azure, Service Fabric, Azure Search, Node.js
- NoSQL data storage: DocumentDB, Cassandra
- Experience and interest in AI, ML, and NLP a plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
#microsoftatl #m365 #CSEATL
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.