|Location:||Fairview, North Carolina|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Aerospace, Defense & Marine business unit of TE Connectivity has an opportunity for Senior Quality Engineer at the Fairview, North Carolina manufacturing plant.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Senior Quality Engineer is the key role for ensuring all quality requirements are achieved. The successful candidate will provide quality leadership and expertise to the multi-functional team supporting production of aerospace and defense products.
- Maintain quality plans for responsible value streams
- Lead quality improvement projects and support other continuous improvement projects
- Lead problem-solving activities using 8D and/or other problem-solving methodology
- Drive proactive quality initiatives needed to prevent quality problems
- Support Supplier Quality and Purchasing organizations to minimize supplier quality issues
- Ensure proper control of nonconforming materials and lead MRB activities
- Implement and maintain process quality control
- Escalate and report on quality issues and status of action plans
- Maintain and improve quality-related documentation
- Coordinate changes to products & processes
- Plan and conduct process audits and product audits
- Effectively address customer complaints, including containment, root cause analysis, corrective actions, and customer communications
- Support customer audits, including coordination, communication and responses
- This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or science-related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with focus on quality assurance
- Self-motivation and ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical and mechanical principles
- Working knowledge of ISO9001, and preferably AS9100
- Experience in a high-mix, low-volume manufacturing environment is highly desired
- Experience in the aviation, aerospace & defense industry is a plus
- Experience with electro-mechanical testing is desired
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.