|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Distribution & Logistics Teams manage the efficient flow of goods, services and information between point of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements or internal business objectives. They create integrated processes among internal functions such as operations, purchasing and logistics, and outside suppliers. They also focus resources on continuous improvement of the movement of materials through various production processes, and establish key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to supply chain planning/forecasting to measure actual performance against goals on a regular basis.
- Direct the activity of the DC operations team to achieve prescribed objectives. Develop and maintain a productive work team by hiring, training and professional development. Apply sound communication and motivation techniques, create programs to supervise, counsel and discipline subordinates. Monitor an appropriate performance evaluation system for recommending promotions, wage increases, bonuses and terminations.
- Monitor DC Workload levels and take necessary actions to require overtime, add temp labor or reduce hours as necessary to meet prescribed productivity and service goals.
- Lead TEOA efforts within the facility and act as liaison with business unit customers, stakeholders, and TE senior leaders.
- Direct the activity of the distribution center operations team to achieve prescribed objectives. Develop and maintain a productive work team by creating programs for hiring, training and development.
- Ensure the necessary warehouse information systems are used to meet company objectives and facilitate the efficient operations of the warehouse. Provide direction to the local IT team and corporate systems to enable productivity, quality and cost improvements through improved systems. Remain knowledgeable regarding changes in hardware and software technology.
- Assist in the establishment of customer satisfaction standards and communicate these standards to all personnel. Work with Inventory Planning in resolution of customer order and inventory discrepancies.
- Supervise and insure proper levels of pallets, packaging supplies and other operational items are ordered as needed.
- Facilitate coordination of bin audit cycles to be performed and help maintain physical inventory exemption
- Develop and maintain physical procedures and standard work for all functional areas of DC.
- Directly participate in the progress of SWDC for achieving/maintaining all TEOA star levels.
- Ensures the implementation and maintenance of the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 and TL9000 (5.0) certifications.
- Assume duties of Operations Manager as needed.
- Develop suitable programs for maintaining company standards of sanitation, maintenance, security, emergency action, housekeeping and safety.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Supply Chain, and/or Engineering
- Self-motivated with the ability to make decisions with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated personal leadership of DC teams, demonstrating organizational and management skills, and achieving quality results through team interaction and effective cross-group collaboration
- Strong problem solving capabilities and the ability to analyze data and use critical thinking to reach logical conclusions and decisions; results oriented; relies on fact-based logic for decision-making
- Ability to influence senior management through well formulated presentations and discussions
- A detailed understanding of business processes and the ability to institute/influence change management as needed
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build cohesive teams to meet demand is required with the ability to lead, direct, change, and manage
- Business acumen, oral, analytical, and written communication skills
- Analytical skills and proven computer skills in Microsoft suite - Excel, Powerpoint, Word
- Experience with lean manufacturing/six sigma tools is preferred
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.