Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Discover Financial Services is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Provides financial leadership for Discover's Corporate Shared Services (CSS) functions. Provides strategic financial support, budgeting & forecasting, and investment analysis for all corporate functions, managing financial partner relationships with several members of Discover's Executive Committee. Responsible for managing the strategic direction of the team and leveraging business intelligence solutions to enable improved decision making and efficiencies.
- Provides strategic advice to senior leadership regarding financial direction of the business including key risks and opportunities. Develop financial projections and report business performance to drive decision making.
- Leads the financial forecast and planning for all key drivers, revenues and expenses
- Primary owner of financial models that are used for baseline and scenario planning. Work with key stakeholders to ensure proper model governance.
- Utilizes and analytical approach to develop insightful financial analysis. Present complex findings and corresponding recommendations with supporting data to business partners and senior management.
- Collaborates with business partners to achieve strong results. Lead and develop a team of high caliber financial managers and analysts.
- Provides financial leadership to executives by actively driving financial initiatives and discussions with business leadership.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, or Business. Masters in Finance/Business Administration degree highly preferred
- 8+ years’ experience with planning, financial analysis, strategy or related, including people management
- CPA or CFA preferred
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.