|Job Type:||Full Time|
Excited about Devices? Want to do software development on hardware devices (Surface, Foldables, Xbox, HoloLens) and in the cloud (Azure IoT)? Manufacturing Test Engineering implements test solutions to ensure Microsoft Devices are made with the highest quality in meeting and exceeding our customer’s expectations. Our software runs on the manufacturing lines, the devices being manufactured, and in the cloud, delivering software solutions for products manufactured and tested all over the world. We are looking for Software Engineers to create world-class software that interacts with our world-class hardware to build the next generation platform that will be used for future products.
You will work with a team of engineers to build integrated solutions that include hardware and software, where the software is deployed to manufacturing facilities via Azure, all over the world. Along with providing solutions for specific product lines like Surface, Xbox, and HoloLens, you will participate in defining and building the new platform that will be leveraged by all hardware products. You will develop the software, owning the entire lifecycle from design, test and specification through implementation to verification, release and support. Technical strengths must include knowledge of hardware and software development and quality assurance. Knowledge of medium to high volume consumer product manufacturing, hardware production lifecycles, and new hardware product launch processes are strongly desired.
- B.S. degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field, Masters degree is a plus
- 7+ years of software development experience with C++, C# or similar programing language
- Development experience with .NET (Core/Framework), web/service/micro-service-oriented architecture, Azure/Cloud development with serverless applications using Azure functions and apps
- U/X design and development experience is a plus
- Development experience in Linux and Android is a plus
- Proven ability to execute in all phases of the software development life cycle, resulting in high-quality software, delivered on time
- Operate in DevOps model to iteratively design, deliver, support and scale all development efforts
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed manner, seeking out areas that need attention
- Outstanding technical problem-solving skills and a passion to solve hard problems in developing NUDD products
- Exceptional communication skills which includes clear written and verbal communication as well as the ability to collaboratively identify requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.