|Job Type:||Full Time|
The WW Learning (WWL) team is learner obsessed, and our mission is to build an enthusiastic learning culture based on industry-leading innovation and aligned for measurable business impact. Learning is a critical lever to accelerate Microsoft growth as a digital transformation leader, and to enable our customers, partners and our people to develop, achieve success, and thrive. We believe easily accessible learning is an essential part of a diverse and inclusive culture, and the core ingredient to helping people become their best personal and professional selves.
We are looking for a Sr. Business Manager who will report to the Sr. Director of the Technical Audience Program team. The Technical Audience Programs team manages several key WWL programs that focus on training Microsoft customers, partners, and future generations. We’re looking for a high-energy, detail-oriented collaborator with great communication skills and an affinity for a rapidly evolving environment. Do you enjoy executing on multiple tasks, projects, and deliverables, driving impact, and achieving high-quality results? This position requires extensive cross-group coordination at all levels, strong financial acumen, excellent communication skills, and the ability to build compelling internal/external presentations and comprehensive business review materials.
- Create and manage the rhythm of business (ROB) in a highly collaborative environment. The ROB will include executive reviews, MBR’s, all-hands, staff meetings, business reporting, etc. to help the business run smoothly and effectively.
- Drive the end-to-end planning and budget processes and core priority setting.
- Help drive evolution of the business through simplification and transforming activities.
- Work across multiple teams to help connect the moving parts in a very dynamic and fluid environment.
- Demonstrate discretion and professionalism when working with leadership team on sensitive business and organizational issues, manage ambiguity, and propose workable solutions to challenging problems.
- Build financial, headcount, and metric reports with meaningful and insightful commentary and analysis to enable the organization to operate effectively.
- Track performance against budget and forecast and identify potential risks and opportunities through variance and trend analysis.
- Manage organizational health via org programs.
- Manage and drive special projects, as needed.
- 7+ years of strategy, consulting, or business planning experience in a cloud-based technology business, supply chain or other related field
- BS in Business, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Self-starter with strong financial and analytical skills. Ability to create complex financial models and forecasts in ambiguous environments. And the ability to present the key highlights, issues and opportunities to senior executives
- Proven track record in project and business management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate ideas into clear, high impact communications (e.g. emails, papers)
- Excellent problem structuring, identification, and resolution
- Strong attention to detail, passion for strategic thinking and problem solving, and ability to deliver rich, business insights to drive business decisions
- Proven cross-functional project management and leadership skills, leading to positive organizational change
- Ability to work in a productive, collaborative, and cooperative way with a variety of people
- Ability to influence across functional teams (e.g. engineering, operations) and at senior leadership/executive levels
- Ability to maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.