|Job Type:||Full Time|
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That is what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. As part of the Office client organization, the Office Docs team builds intelligent cloud-connected collaboration features for Word, Excel and PowerPoint across a wide array of platforms. Our focus is on asynchronous collaboration – user experiences to help together more effectively regardless of time zone or physical location. We build user experiences for the web, Win32, iOS and Android to help users collaborate – commenting, notifications, helping users catch up quickly on changes happening around them – all customer problems we’re passionate about.
We are searching for a new engineering leader to join the teamwe’re building in Atlanta. If you can coach and mentor a team of engineers, help them learn and grow, foster in them a culture of inclusion, and lead them to successfully deliver software sprint after sprint, all the while learning how to be a better leader and manager yourself, this might be the job for you.
- Lead, coach and mentor a team of 8-9engineers so they all learn, grow, and succeed.
- Plan and prioritize work for your team, including collaborating with partner organizations.
- Provide oversight and accountability for technical decisions.
- Work with Program Management counterpart to define and design new features
- Create an inclusive environment that attracts and retains high-performing engineers.
- Constantly learn and grow as an engineer and an engineering leader.
- Demonstrate a passion for customers and technology
- 8+ years of industry experience working on commercial software application or services.
- 5+ years of people management experience, exhibiting technical leadership over high performing, agile teams.
- You’ve studied – you have a BA, BS, or MS in computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- You’ve coded – you are comfortable in object-oriented languages like C#, C++, or Java; you have a solid grasp of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns; and you’ve got a least 8 years of industry experience as a software engineer to prove it. Experience with React or similar UI toolkits preferred.
- You’ve led – you have have experience leading a team of engineers by setting clear expectations, keeping team members energized, and delivering great results.
- You collaborate – you can explain your work, you can ask great questions, you can listen to your peers and your customers, you can influence without authority, and you like to give and receive feedback.
- You stay focused – you want to ship software that solves real problems for real people, now.
- You’re a professional – you understand that it’s not enough to write working code. It must also be well-designed, easy to test, and easy to add to over time.
- You’re learning – no matter how much you know, you are always seeking to learn more and to become a better engineer and leader.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.