|Location:||Minneapolis, Minnesota, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wake up every morning and KNOW you are making a difference.The mission of theFlipgridTeam is to empower everyone on the planet to share theirvoiceand respect the diverse voices of others.
TheFlipgridteam has focused on student voices with our short-form video application and a rapidly growing, passionate community of educators that empowers tens of millions of learners, families and organizations across 180 countries. Checkout@flipgridon Twitter!
Based on those efforts, we are broadening beyond education to commercial and consumer experiences to shape social learning through authentic discussion and short-form video at Microsoft and beyond.
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who care about culture as well as developing features and engaging the communities they serve. We believe that why we do things is as important as what we do. Big vision, an inclusive purpose, a passion for quality, curiosity as well as grit, and an investment in fun and collaboration are what lead to great results.
As a Platform Engineer, you will be an integral part of our tight-knit group of dedicated problem solvers. The ideal candidate should be able to quickly make an impact on the Platform team and work with the largerFlipgridorganization to deliver an innovative and meaningful learning experience to millions of students and educators.
- Workwith the platform team to deliver productionservicesatscale.
- Support organization-wide engineering efforts by delivering tools and services to support theFlipgridplatform.
- Maintain and deploy services using infrastructure as code and containerized deployments.
- Maintain and monitor infrastructure – participate in on-call rotation for production level issues.
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to ensure the goals of the product are aligned with the delivered feature.
- Followbestpractices (continuous integration, TDD, code standards).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science orequivalentwork experience.
- A self-motivated and self-directed work ethic.
- 3+years of experience configuring and maintaining resources on AWSand/orAzure
- 3+yearsof experiencedelivering solutions leveraging Relational Databases (PostgresSQLor MySQL).
- Strong working knowledge ofbuilding, maintaining, and testing large-scale applications written in a modern program language.
- Experience building in a Continuous Delivery environment.
- Skilledinrunning applications on Linux.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes in a production environment.
- Strong working knowledge ofmessage queueing protocols (SQS, RabbitMQ or equivalent).
- Experience with Elasticsearch and Redis.
- Skilledin working with media pipelines (audio and video encoders, codecs and transcoding).
- Process maintenance skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.