|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Office Experience Organization (OXO) Security team has a proven history of developing data and threat protection features that make a real difference in the realm of desktop, mobile applications, and online services. Some examples of this include the Security Policy Advisor, Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG) Office, Classification, Labeling, and Protection (CLP), Protected View sandbox, Safe Documents for Office applications, security polices, document encryption, digital signatures, Information Rights Management, and Data Loss Prevention. As threats continually evolve, so too has our team.
We are looking fora Principal Software Engineer to join the OXO Security teamwe’re building in Atlanta to focus on building industry-impacting features for more than 1 billion customers around the world who rely on us to protect them from threats and keep their data secure across Office desktop (Windows & Mac), mobile clients (iOS & Android), and online services.
The ideal candidate is a skilled software engineer who enjoys security, thrives on addressing real world problems, and is experienced in designing scalable, componentized code. You will work with other experienced Software Engineers, Program Managers, and Designers to maximally leverage solid engineering practices and customer feedback.
- Work with engineers, program managers and partner teams to deliver a set of features with the right overall design and architecture.
- Define and implement the architecture for large complex components with an emphasis on quality, performance, simplicity, durability, scalability, and maintainability.
- Help define the team approach to Software Engineering by designing, coding, testing, debugging, building, and deploying across multiple endpoints.
- Demonstrate the ability to work on cross-platform code.
- Commit to delivering the best experience for customers.
- 8+ years of experience in building and shipping production grade software or services.
- 5+ years of development experience in C++, C# or other general-purpose programming language.
- Bachelors (or higher) degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or related field.
- Demonstrate proficient engineering fundamentals.
- Experience employing concepts like CI/CD, test driven development, and agile methodologies to projects to maximize the quality of the software a team writes together.
- Solid CS fundamentals, fluent in multi-threaded, asynchronous programming, strong inclination for architecting at scale.
- Excellent technical design, problem solving and debugging skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.