Last updated 1 hours ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Atlassian is a leading provider of collaboration, development, and issue tracking software for teams around the world. With over 100,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100) and millions of users on our cloud platform, we are advancing the power of collaboration with products including Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, Bitbucket, and more. Motivated by clear values, an AMAZING culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re on a journey to unleash the potential of every team. We’d like you to be a part of this journey.
The Identity Platform division is looking for a passionate engineering manager to lead the runtime-authentication team in our Mountain View, California office. Identity is an innovative and dynamic organization, and in this role you’ll lead a team of talented developers in designing, building, and operating micro-services and capabilities that handle billions of API requests daily to authenticate and authorize millions of users and applications. As an engineering leader, you will drive technical excellence in your team as you contribute to evolving key Identity platform services and capabilities to meet the highest standards of reliability, performance and scale. Your greatest responsibility will be looking after the individuals reporting to you – coaching and supporting them in their professional development, unlocking their potential, and challenging them to step outside their comfort zone to grow and excel.
What you'll do...
- Collaborate with developers, architects, and product managers across several engineering teams to build new and enhance existing Atlassian Identity Platform services and capabilities
- Contribute to the technical and business strategy of the team, including making technical recommendations and functional solutions.
- Guide your teams in understanding the right metrics to track and improve.
- Provide developers with support: holding regular one on ones, giving context on priorities, collaborating with other teams, unblocking projects, resolving conflicts on the team.
- No previous experience in the Identity domain is required. Candidates would benefit from previous experience with building and operating highly scalable micro-services and applications in AWS, and leading high-performing teams.
More about you...
- We'd love for you to have significant experience as an engineer building large scale distributed systems, experience in leading a team, and experience in growing individual engineers. On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- U.S. Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study
- 2+ years experience in engineering management following Agile development processes.
- Experience developing and operating web applications in AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud or similar public cloud providers.
- Prior experience working with large scale distributed systems.
- Excellent prioritization and self organizing skills to individually detect and deliver the most important things first.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Proven track record to explain your proposals well enough that others understand their value, are motivated to implement them, and become champions of them for you.
- Experience setting a very high bar for excellence across your engineering team, and putting systems in place to measure against that bar.
- The skills for breaking down problems into executable chunks and coordinating multiple engineers to deliver a solution.
- Strong skills mentoring, growing, and retaining talent.
- Ability to work well in a team, have a positive attitude, patience, and humility.
It's great, but not required if you have...
- Previous experience with authentication and authorization domain, technologies, and protocols.
- Previous exposure to web application security (authentication, authorization, session management, access controls, etc.) and privacy standards (SOC2, GDPR, etc.).
- Experience in Continuous Delivery and the DevOps attitude.
More about the team
We are always growing, learning, and adapting, in and out of the office. You’ll be joining a team that is smart and very direct. We embody the Atlassian values, ask the hard questions and challenge each other to constantly improve our work.
This highly hardworking team owns some of the most critical capabilities of the Atlassian Cloud platform. The engineers excel in tackling scalability challenges, understanding the security aspects of authentication flows, and operating micro-services at a very large scale. We are passionate about technology, but we also like to take breaks from work. We love going out for team lunches, and we like to spend time together in team social events on Fridays.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.