|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the Role
In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead our Front Line Technical Support Teams, which is responsible for phone and chat support to our customers. . Your duties will include directly monitoring, reporting, and driving improvements in team-level metrics and KPI’s, keeping up with new products and ongoing training and developing processes. Your role will be hands-on in nature, leading a team of managers and supervisors, full-time employees, and contract workers.
In this role, you will:
- Directly manage a teams of managers, supervisors, and Technical Support Specialists
- Maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction with the Support Team while ensuring the team meets established SLA’s for phone and chat,
- Highly visible to the team and active in managing schedules and making real-time adjustments to assignments to ensure fast response and quality service
- Successfully manage onboarding and continuous education for members of the team
- Manage interactions between Support and other departments pertaining to customer issues/feedback
- Model and support the Samsara cultural principles - Obsess over customers, build for the long term, and challenge yourself
- Partner with Senior Leadership to build and evaluate goals and objectives around customer satisfaction, organizational efficiency, and employee engagement.
- Analyze and report on top customer trends to Senior Leadership and Product Development teams to help identify opportunities for product and process improvements.
An ideal candidate has:
- B.A./B.S. required, preferably in a technical or quantitative field (engineering, applied math, etc.) A degree in an STEM field is a plus; an MBA is a big plus
- 5+ years of leadership experience in technical support is required.
- Experience managing managers and supervisors
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Experience managing in a contact center environment with high phone volume and understanding on how to positively impact service levels.
- Ability to balance between strategic projects and initiatives, and tactical day-to-day management of a team (including actively coaching on case handling, monitoring of queues & schedules).
- Demonstrated experience as a senior resource leading in the definition of systems strategy, gathering and documenting business requirements.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021, full list of locations here. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.